Bullumwaal

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advise, I remember that when I'm out there next.

I could do with one of those :D .

After seeing these nice photos by kingsy I have decided to take a drive up to Bullumwaal this weekend with my highbanker. My son and I will camp somewhere near by. PM me if there are any locals that would like to catch up for a bit of a dig or just to say hi. I would love to meet some more like minded individuals. :)

Take a big crowbar Beagle & move some of them big rocks - bound to pay off ;)
Looking forward to some pics & report. Enjoy

So we have gone to the place and I have taken few photos to show you guys. We have caught up with kingsy and he was kind enough to show us around. Thank you kingsy for taking the time to come and meet us.
First we have found this place where the old timers had a go. I was regretting leaving the metal detector home.

1389601813_img_0161.jpg

1389601871_img_0162.jpg

1389601892_img_0157.jpg

1389601915_img_0158.jpg

1389601938_img_0159.jpg

1389601969_img_0160.jpg

1389602143_img_0164.jpg

1389602169_img_0165.jpg

Lots of crevices like these. 8)

1389602649_img_0191.jpg

This is our crevice we worked.

1389602757_img_0227.jpg

This is what we got. Not much but the place is patchy. I walked about 300 m up and down the river and did some sampling the day before. It looked more promising but what do you do. :|

1389602997_img_0255.jpg

This is some one else's handy work.

1389603131_img_0201.jpg

1389603159_img_0202.jpg

1389603204_img_0203.jpg

1389603229_img_0204.jpg

I would like to know how they cleaned this crevice. It was over meter deep and less than 10 cm wide. Must have been some one with very long and skinny hands. :D

1389603260_img_0205.jpg

Over all it was a beautiful place to visit and I will be back for sure. :)

Mickkat12 said:
You still frequenting there kingsy?

im heading out that way tomorrow Mick. will have a bit of a play around with the pan and maybe whip the sluice out. my bus is a blue commodore sedan if you see it out there you will kow what im up to haha (im a swifts creek prospector) :D

Cavemankona said:
Mickkat12 said:

im heading out that way tomorrow Mick. will have a bit of a play around with the pan and maybe whip the sluice out. my bus is a blue commodore sedan if you see it out there you will kow what im up to haha (im a swifts creek prospector) :D
How did you go?

Mickkat12 said:
I haven't been out there for a few months now but the last time I was out there it was flooding pretty hard so I'll definitely be getting back out there some time soon to see if the water has freed up some nuggets :D .

Is anyone heading up bullemwaal this weekend. Just wondering if there is a lot of camping spots or will it be busy

Hi GB
Plenty of spots to camp along the creeks or you can camp next to bullumwaal hall with toilet and creek right behind and there is a good spot down the end of Fred wicks track off Mia Mia road
Cheers
Grant

Hi grant

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to getting up there tomorrow and having a look around. Went to depthford last year but not a lot of luck so fingers crossed

Mickkat12 said:
Weathers shite down here at the moment good luck
Sideways rain at the moment hope gold brothers have a good camp setup. Going for a drive out there after lunch might take some extra towels haha :lol:

Spain81 said:
Mickkat12 said:
Weathers shite down here at the moment good luck
Sideways rain at the moment hope gold brothers have a good camp setup. Going for a drive out there after lunch might take some extra towels haha :lol:

Interested to hear how it all pans out lol

Kingsy said:
Here are some photos of the campsite and area. I hope I can post this many photos :/

This is where I was working the other day (right near that campsite).

If you're interested I can PM you a map with the site marked.

Hi Kingsy, my partner and I have been going to Bullumwaal for a couple of months now but have not come across this spot you have posted photos of.......looks like a beautiful spot. Would you mind sharing where this actually is please? We've been down a few tracks and they have been nothing like this lol.
We are fairly new to prospecting so would appreciate as much help/advice as possible ;)

Thanks heaps,
Lesley

Hi Gunnadoo
It's down Fred wicks track off Mia Mia road when you come to the fork in the track go right to Chinese diggings and left takes you down to the creek good spot.
Cheers

Gunnadoo said:
Kingsy said:
Here are some photos of the campsite and area. I hope I can post this many photos :/

This is where I was working the other day (right near that campsite).

If you're interested I can PM you a map with the site marked.

Hi Kingsy, my partner and I have been going to Bullumwaal for a couple of months now but have not come across this spot you have posted photos of.......looks like a beautiful spot. Would you mind sharing where this actually is please? We've been down a few tracks and they have been nothing like this lol.
We are fairly new to prospecting so would appreciate as much help/advice as possible ;)

Thanks heaps,
Lesley
The track is dead end. You have to walk down to the river. Its of Mia Mia Rd as G69 said.