second hand equipment to get started

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did manage to get a transfer jig, i believe it was for an omni machine, but my larger dops fit in ok.
My biggest problem with the faceting machine at the moment, is that the pivots for the arm are slightly out, which means the arm has a slight lean on it. I have a few different ideas to fix the problem, but may have to take it to a shop to get done as i lack the tools to do it accurately.

I have just seem a Ultra Tec V2R which i am thinking about, may be a better option so i can get started.

It would be a lovely machine to have mate, only seen the youtube vids but at least you should get great accuracy and precision. The price really shows what qualities can be produced when it comes to faceting. Starting with a full setup and not needing unknown extras or fixes is always a bonus. Hope you get onto one soon:)

Yes, i have been using it as a flat lap for now. I will get it working as a faceting machine again, but the Ultra Tec has everything including polishing laps which i still lack. Its more money than i can really afford, but thinking about selling the detector if i end up buying it.

Well I picked up the ultratec today. Is an older machine but everything seems to work.
Got a heap of bits and pieces, including some faceting rough.
Will have to go through the laps to see what is useable, as they do not look like they have been used in a while, but I can't wait to get home and play. Just got to make it through a week of UNI first :/

Well have finally got my 10" saw and grinders mounted. Have set the grinder up using the hose, but had a bit too much water flow, will figure a gravity feed out later. Have got some oil for the saw and will try it out this arvo.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME !!!

Restoring and repair of old but worthy machines to get the results you have is great.
Looking forward to some more pics of your works.

Cheers GG

A friend from the lapidary club was getting rid of some of his gear and i was lucky enough to get offered first pick.
I was able to find two grinders, both two wheels, one also has two end plates for sanding or polishing.
I also picked up a 16" flat lap so i can start polishing my agates, thunder eggs and specimens. There are three plates for it one is double sided the other two single sided. There seems to be two good plates to use for grinding and the slightly dished plate i will use for polishing.
There was also a nice selection of books, including Ion.L.Idress prospecting for gold.

The machines will need to be cleaned up and bolted down, but all have motors and seem to be in good working order. Think i am almost set now.

I missed out on this post the other day mate, so had to search for it
The images / photos are not showing up for me? Can't, see but great job on scoring some more equipment mate :)

I think photobucket is down for maintenance, that is where i upload my photos to. When its back up they should show up again.
I was very happy with what i got AR, should have just about everything i need lapidary wise, just got to get set up for the silver/gold working next.

I wow I see it all now. Vibra lap is a fancy one, you could cut n polish glass lenses on that I recon..

Sweet books in the collection, the uranium one looks a blast hehe When is the clubroom opening? :lol: :lol:

I was really happy with it all, but i think the books will keep me going for a while. I really didnt know there were so many ores of Uranium 8)

When i get the garage cleaned out i will start setting up my lapidary room..... Just hope i have enough room for it all :lol:

Latest posts