Hi folkes another new member crazy about the yellow stuff

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsi

Reaction score
Hi all,

Name is Joe and I'm another sick individual with the fever. I've had it about five years now & still loose sleep over my next sluice design. I'm in Sydney & wish I lived closer to fields but don't, so I get my fix tinkering with all things gold till I get a chance to go. I LOVE IT.

So far I've got 12-15 trips racked up. Not enough gold yet.( probably never going to be enough) I realised I kept gifting it to friends that come along. The amazing thing about chasing gold is the beautiful country & towns us Sydney siders tend to forget about.

Equip to date is multiple river sluices, banker I sold, hand suction pumps, bucket bankers / fluid beds, garret infinium with extra coils, and now proud owner of sdc2300. I must admit there may be some used equipment for sale soon now that I've bought the sdc.

Anyway enough chit chat. I'm looking forward to learning lots and meeting some other gold crazy individuals.

Hi Jaros

Yeah all good didn't sign up for that.

Just meant I've spent a fortune on finding gold & the missus is going to kick me out if she keeps tripping over gold stuff.

He who has the most toys wins. I visited another forum member the other day and it's so cool to see others with the same problem.

Hey JSI,
I've just joined here too and I have actually been losing sleep on a sluice designs in the last few days as well! I tell you though, it's not a bad thing to lose sleep over. Hopefully the build will be like what's floating around my mind at 2am.

Thanks again folks for the welcome.

Brendomac you must be building the same fully sick, totally awesome, light weight rig that doesn't hurt your back & portable.

That's what my sleep deprived head is telling me.

Then I wake up.

Bang on! Originally i was going to use only bits from bunnings, but now I am heading to sheet metal workshop today. I've made up my cardboard sluice template. Here's hoping the "fully sick, totally awesome, light weight rig that doesn't hurt your back & portable" works out.

Shame I can't use the cardboard template. That's light as! String, cardboard, duct tape and bull dog clips. $1 cost. Bargain.

Latest posts