Minelab Eureka gold tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill be picking up a eureka gold soon. For my first detector was look at x-terra 705. But eureka dedicated gold machine?

Gday guys i just bought a eureka gold for my first detector what are the best settings to use? I got a 6 inch coil for it to.

Ordered mine last night and eagerly awaiting delivery.
Then just need to find a weekend to head out.

Anyone here that makes common trips to either Duraki or Talgai near Warwick?

Just got mine mate. Just have to learn how to use it as its my first detector . I also got the 6 inch coil for it to find they really small gold

Do they still make the Eureka Gold ? I have not seen one in the dealers over here since about 2005/6

john

Just a matter of spending time with it, I started with a bounty hunter tracker IV coin hunting which I had for about 12 months before upgrading to a 705. My first couple of trips out I honestly didn't like it due to trying to understand what it was telling me. As they say practice makes perfect.

Fingers crossed mines turning up tomorrow. The 6" will definitely be on my shopping list not too far down the track as I can see me spending more time in the 60Khz setting
Just a tad annoyed the weather is going to be on the wet side this weekend.

They still have them. I bought one recently its my first ever detector hopefully its a good machine

Living in Stanthorpe, whereabouts you from?

Mine arrived today, so just been assembling :)
Cables bloody long on these suckers, I'm gathering due to been hip mount capable.

Triton, where did you mount your control box?
I mounted mine in the std location so the controls are easy to get to while learning plus it keeps the control box out of the dirt.

its tempting to mount it at the rear due to the balance factor, but the only real downside to me is the box becomes the stand, although I may try it if I'm not happy with the bungy cord.

What_Trigger said:
Living in Stanthorpe, whereabouts you from?

Mine arrived today, so just been assembling :)
Cables bloody long on these suckers, I'm gathering due to been hip mount capable.

Triton, where did you mount your control box?
I mounted mine in the std location so the controls are easy to get to while learning plus it keeps the control box out of the dirt.

its tempting to mount it at the rear due to the balance factor, but the only real downside to me is the box becomes the stand, although I may try it if I'm not happy with the bungy cord.
They are a dream to use when you buy some covers and fit them on a straight shaft even with bigger coils, I did that with my sovereign GT and the Coil Glides across the ground using the 12x8 platypus, total work of Art.

John

I have one as well. Moved from a Bountyhunter with target ID etc. Have only just started going out with it, still digging bottletops but just a lot deeper :)

Keen to get out with mine now, but got a 2 week wait till I can get a chance :(

Out of curiosity though, ive had the battery charging since Friday night, it took till this morning to notice even a slight change of the light to go a little duller.
Prior reading it seems the light is meant to be barely visible when charged

1465914850_bob_s_first_detector_find.jpg

Yahoo or should I say "Eureka" it works! Today I found my first piece of gold using my detector. It was a great feeling to finally make the breakthrough. What made it most memorable were the circumstances under which it was found. With the recent rains I have resumed panning and sluicing a spot that I worked two years ago. Recently I have only been using the detector to scan my screenings pile at the end of the day. Today when I scanned the pile I got no response. With an hour of daylight left I decided to continue detecting around where I had my sluice set up. About a metre from my screenings pile I got a good clear signal. I initially thought that it was another bullet tip as I found one in my screenings pile last week. After a boot scrape and one with the pick the target was still there. A chip and a scrape gave the same result but louder. Another chip and scrape and it was out of the shallow hole. The third scoop of dirt told me that I had located the target. On top of the scoop load of gravel was a dark brown rock twice the size of a golf ball. Waving this over the detector gave a loud signal. My spot is close to a major road and sometimes some cars and trucks seem to set the detector off. Not all vehicles just some. I could hear a car through the head phones as it zoomed by, just as I was waving the rock. Curious I gave the rock a second sweep. Hardly any response. Very strange indeed. Slowly turning the rock as I swept it over the coil I noticed it gave a loud signal on one side. Now I thought that this was no ordinary hot rock. I set the rock up on a flat piece of quartz and tapped it with the flat part of my pick. It split pretty much in half. No signal from one half but the other half fairly screamed. No sign of gold so I gave it another tap and examined the remains. I could clearly see the gold this time. Success at last. I've had the detector three and a half years and dug countless bullets and other trash so it was very rewarding to finally taste success. The crazy thing is I have travelled to lots of places in Victoria detecting and I finally find my first piece in a spot that I have walked over many times sluicing and panning, just never put a detector over it. In fact today while working I would have been tromping all over it. I hope that don't have to wait three and a half years for my next piece.

Cheers Bob.

bob said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../628/1465914850_bob_s_first_detector_find.jpg
Yahoo or should I say "Eureka" it works! Today I found my first piece of gold using my detector. It was a great feeling to finally make the breakthrough. What made it most memorable were the circumstances under which it was found. With the recent rains I have resumed panning and sluicing a spot that I worked two years ago. Recently I have only been using the detector to scan my screenings pile at the end of the day. Today when I scanned the pile I got no response. With an hour of daylight left I decided to continue detecting around where I had my sluice set up. About a metre from my screenings pile I got a good clear signal. I initially thought that it was another bullet tip as I found one in my screenings pile last week. After a boot scrape and one with the pick the target was still there. A chip and a scrape gave the same result but louder. Another chip and scrape and it was out of the shallow hole. The third scoop of dirt told me that I had located the target. On top of the scoop load of gravel was a dark brown rock twice the size of a golf ball. Waving this over the detector gave a loud signal. My spot is close to a major road and sometimes some cars and trucks seem to set the detector off. Not all vehicles just some. I could hear a car through the head phones as it zoomed by, just as I was waving the rock. Curious I gave the rock a second sweep. Hardly any response. Very strange indeed. Slowly turning the rock as I swept it over the coil I noticed it gave a loud signal on one side. Now I thought that this was no ordinary hot rock. I set the rock up on a flat piece of quartz and tapped it with the flat part of my pick. It split pretty much in half. No signal from one half but the other half fairly screamed. No sign of gold so I gave it another tap and examined the remains. I could clearly see the gold this time. Success at last. I've had the detector three and a half years and dug countless bullets and other trash so it was very rewarding to finally taste success. The crazy thing is I have travelled to lots of places in Victoria detecting and I finally find my first piece in a spot that I have walked over many times sluicing and panning, just never put a detector over it. In fact today while working I would have been tromping all over it. I hope that don't have to wait three and a half years for my next piece.

Cheers Bob.

WTG, Bob, That is a beautiful nugget mate, Now grid the Area like crazy and don't miss an inch and then carry on with your sluice because he has family and friends and they need to be together in your pocket,

Good luck mate and keep going,, John

Latest posts