DETECH Search Coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaseTech

Phase Technical
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently added Detech search coils to my Phase Technical product offerings.

Detech has been around for a while now, but are still considered a new player in Australia.
I have been putting a selection of coils through their paces, and have been posting up some of the results here: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14676

Detech coils are covered by a 2yr warranty, and all the coils to suit the SD, GP and GPX series of machines are waterproof and use Litz wire.
I currently have the following coils in stock.

8" Mono - $235
8" DD - $245
15x10" Mono (open) - $340
15x12" DD SEF (open) - 370
14" Mono Ultra Spiral - $395
15" DD Ultimate Spiral - $425

Demo coils of all of the above are also available for anyone in Adelaide who would like to give one a run - no obligation.

Detech are unique as they also make a wide range of coils to suit a number of different coin & relic machines. I am currently putting a 13" Ultimate coil through its paces on my Sovereign.

My website will be updated over the coming weeks. But in the mean time, if you have any questions, please get in touch.
[email protected]

Cheers

1447766629_15_spiral_flyer.jpg

1447766940_14_ultra_mono.jpg

1447767274_for_forum.jpg

1447767296_for_forum_2.jpg

Hi all,

The hand-picked selection of Detech coils for the SD/GP/GPX and TDI range is now up on my website.
If you are after a coil for your Sovereign, Explorer, F75, Garrett or Tesoro, get in touch and I can let you know what options are available.

END OF YEAR PROMO - Get 5% off any order from now until the end of the year. Use Coupon Code: ptxmas5 on the shopping cart page.
http://phasetechnical.com.au/shop/

Thanks for everyone's support in 2015, hope everyone has a healthy and prosperous 2016 with much riches at the bottom of your holes :cool:

Nenad

Hey mate, any feed back from tdi users on the 8" round coil? Sounds good.
Cheers dave.

Hi fellas any body got any feed back on the 8" mono and 8"dd used on a gpx4500?
I'm thinking the dd as I can still run in mono, any input welcome :)
Cheers DH

The 8" mono is awesome on both the 4500 or 5000. Very similar to a commander but a much more solid build. Doesn't false, runs very stable.

The 8" DD in Mono will run super quiet, but the straight 8" mono beats it for depth. I'd recommend the 8" DD for SD and GP users, and the 8" Mono for GPX users.
The 8" mono will also run on the SD2100 and in particular the 3500 (due to slower tracking speed options) in medium ground, and on the GP extreme/3000 in milder ground.

davent said:
Hey mate, any feed back from tdi users on the 8" round coil? Sounds good.
Cheers dave.

No, I personally haven't received any. I have a demo coil here, anyone is free to take it out for a day or two, but I'm in Adelaide.

In darwin, other wise would take you up on it.
Going for a swing tomoz, checked out a spot that was close to home the other day, thought it would be a waste of time, being so easy to get to, but found a nice little specie in first swing....maybe everyone drives past it thinking the same.....using a longreach atm, but been getting quite a few false signals, not sure why, but every bump on the ground, makes memneed a ground balance.....turning the gain down a bit from now on.
interested in getting a new, sensitive coil for my tdi pro oz.

False signals with bumps on the ground is usually caused by 1 or more of the following:

1. Mechanical issue with the coil
2. Too much sensitivity
3. Poor ground balance

Good luck!

Thanks, went today, and I think it was ground balance, was getting false signals every left hand swing for a while. Re tuned everything, turned gain down, and worked well.

Only found rubbish, ring pulls, foil, boot tac, nail, and a bit of rusty old wire, that I was certain was a nugget!
Reckon I lost 2 or 3 kg today.....sweating like A boogie boarder going through customs at bali.

PhaseTech said:
False signals with bumps on the ground is usually caused by 1 or more of the following:

1. Mechanical issue with the coil
2. Too much sensitivity
3. Poor ground balance

Good luck!

And make sure the coil cable is'nt flopping around to much! :)

Rj Dickson said:
Hi, interested in something for my gp extreme. Any recommendations? Thanks
Rj

Hi RJ,

Where do you detect, and what coils do you have for it already?

Nenad, Its the ground up here and the emi, the evo, s are great some days and unusable some days.
What im looking for, is a 2nd hand DD 15" ultimate. I think the DD will solve a few problems im having and allow me to run my 4500 much quieter. I was tossing up between that and 15" spoke, went with the spoke because of the weight difference.
If one comes up, could you please keep me in mind? I just don, t have the $ for another new coil, spending cash like a drunken sailor atm , agm batteries, solar panels etc.

or even better, are detech looking at a 11 or 12" dd ultimate?

I Dave, I'd love to see a smaller version of the 15" DD in a spiral wind, but there are physical restrictions due to the area required for the flat stack of wire. Hopefully Detech can work something out. The 15x12" DD SEF isn't quite as sensitive but is an extremely smooth running coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts