Gympie and surrounds information + questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was an awesome read...gotta be one of the best I have seen on here for a while. Its so good to see members meeting up and having a great day out. Well done Yobskin...what a top bloke. I got one question for though...Where do i get one of them hats? :D

There is only one of those hats in existence for one of a kind type of person. Original.
I was talking to Daryl we come to the conclusion that maybe a group meet up there wouldn't be such a bad idea.
I am up for it but when is a problem with some as comittments do come to light.
I reckon it was one of the better days I had for quite a while and we had a blast.
I am going to be short of a few dollars now because I have to buy one of those flaming trolleys now.
Go and grab some more Au Daryl and yes, you are a tease for sure.

Cheers
Brad.......

I got 1 wagon in today mate got some colour.... :D
The Guard n Grow tipper wagon is the bomb a must...for prospectors with bad backs hahahaha.
I cant wait for another meet up...talking to a tree today?
The hat is a Leanna Australia 100%wool...?

Those trees are good listeners but they don't say much, but at least they don't back chat you.
The weather looked pretty good too.

Cheers
Brad..

time to head out to Tibooburra for my annual gold fix . Anyone been out recently and found some yellow stuff !

Looks like a good day out I am thinking of having a look there, looks like you can drive in there by car, I'm only an hour and a bit from there, we might all catch up one day and go for a pan, I live in Deception Bay. Thanks for all the good photo's too.

Cheers

Len

hey guys im new to the detecting scene, ive purchased a ML sd2100v2 and am looking for some good places to go and have a swing and was hoping that someone could give me a few hints on some good places to look i live about 80ks from gympie but figure that gympie has been flogged hope to find a nice area that isnt as well known and help would be appreciated
thxs

Try the creeks first with a pan, but watch out for crocks in water holes. Same as anyplaces, follow the fines up then fan out with the detector to do your exploring. :)

I have been granted access to several big properties in gympie . Pretty much all joining each other. Is it worth metal detecting on for gold or is it only likely near the river?
I have been there once last year . The ground was like concrete and only had a shovel so called it quits early. I'll take a pick this time.
The properties are near creeks. Would this help ? Thanks in advance

Without knowing location bit hard ? Grab an old map of Gympie and surrounds that shows where the main reefs and leads were as many are now in the backyards of houses and under Mary street :D . Know a few nuggets were picked up in the local park along the storm water channel

Interesting I imagine there is heaps under Mary street .
The area I can search is lagoon pocket . Do you know if that's worth my time ?

No your better to let me go and I'll let you know ?
Welcome to come along and dig .................... what are you running ?
I'm free tomorrow :) :) :) :) :) :) ;)
:)

Currently have a f75 ltd
I'm looking at possibly going toward end of this month or early July .
Will keep you informed. What are you running ?
I had a promising signal in the side of a bank last time but needed a pick. I'll be going back to that spot first up .
Good time of year
Are you gympie area?

Hi nailfinder, my name is mark and I'm brand new to gold detecting. Have been fascinated with gold and have been collecting(buying gold) for a little bit now. My wife bought me a detector few months back and are yet to use it or where to start with places to go etc. Would love a partner/companion to go on trip's with and someone to show me a few tricks etc. I live on coast but would be willing to travel. The more I research etc the more I realise that I just moved away from some of the best spots in north Queensland. I have friends who have a station in north qld, right in between all gold mines of charters towers/ ravenswood and Collins ville but has never been detected before. Wondering if anyone thinks this could be a good place to go and try new ground or should I stick to areas where being found already? Cheers in advance, mark

Hi Mark the place you said is in between all the gold mines and never been detected ???? If I was any closer than Victoria I would be there in a shot ,Virgin ground and permission get out there you have nothing to lose and you don't know what you could turn up if you don't try mate . Good luck too you .PP

Yes Mark do a fair bit further north than charters and has been some good nuggets come out of the area of late ................ if you can believe all that's told ;)
If you have some private access around Charters as has been said I'd be giving it a good nudge. Where are you located currently and what are you swinging ?
Buddy up is a good way to go especially on the long trips as it cuts the fuel bills down to affordable .............. :rolleyes:
:Y:

Hi all
Heading up to Gympie for a few days camping and taking my new GPZ 7000 with me oh and yes and the misses!
just looking to see if anyone can give me some advice where to go.
Thanks

GPA ...but your only chance is along the river banks...All the gold is at least 700mm to 3mtrs below the over burden...There's only a few parks that might hold a small picker or two but also modern junk everywhere.
You would be better using a sluice unless you have some private property to hunt. :Y:
Good luck. :Y:

Latest posts