Advice on Minelab training / trainers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you mate, will take both, have to say I am looking forward to it, hoping to maybe get a day or two off work so can stay in the area and put training into practice

Would like to do a course like that, I have to teach myself up here, so the info I get from these forums is gold!
thanks all!

I met a bloke who uses a 4500 and having a lot of trouble regards knowledge of the machine and its settings. He's been out of action for many years and i suggested rather than asking me for help (that would be totally worthless :lol: ) he should have a solid training session, one on one with a very knowlegable trainer. He did a session apparently when he first got the machine with a bloke south of Maryborough that he felt was a waste of money and not really worthwhile, so i need suggestions of trainers that know their stuff please.
I said i'd make some enquiries for him and try and find him someone who's really switched on with the 4500 and takes people out one on one.
He's from Melbourne so the GT area is best for him.
Thanks fellas in advance.

Don't know him Billy. Can you pm me a contact for him? Does he charge, i've only just met this bloke and i reckon he'd be hard work re wanting to know the ins and outs etc etc, so i don't want to impose him on somebody who wouldn't be charging for the effort if that makes sense?

Yep stoppsy knows his stuff. Also Graham Ashton who used to run the Dunnolly Caravan Park

Or if he ever gets across to Adelaide, I do 1on1 sessions here.

Scrounger
When I first got my 4500 last year I paid for a day out with Mark from Gold Prospecting Australia. Helped me find my first piece on the day. He is very knowledgeable and a top bloke. I'd highly recommend him.
http://www.goldprospectingaustralia.com/about-us
I'm looking forward to getting out with GPA on a longer weekend or WA or Qld Tour.
Cheers Andy

Hi All,

I bought my SDC2300 and it included some free training - I am yet to do this.

Has anyone done the training - is it worthwhile?

I was told to go out using it for a while first, then go for the training - have found a few small pieces, but just wondering if anyone else has found that training worth while. The training is done on ground up in Ballarat..

Hello jwal
Every bit of knowledge is worth it's weight!
It will help. A great stepping stone to improved results.
Cheers
Diablo

There use to be a few bad stories around about the Minelab organised training. I never went to one for that reason. Mostly they seemed to be complaints about too many people to just one instructor, being too short or not being in depth enough on specific machines.
Since the dealer's have taken it over it does sound to be a lot better with group sizes more realistic & some even over a day or two rather than a few hours. Pretty sure there's quite a few members have done them recently & been happy. Had been waiting for one of them to reply.
If your reasonably new to detecting I'd do it. It's a day out & a chance to possibly pick some tricks up. Good instructors can teach more than just how to use your machine too.

Latest posts