Ramjet's videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great range of videos there! So its best to cut a slit in the turf rather then a plug? Are you detecting on parks or sports sites, as the grass looks neat? Cheers

Tugboat said:
Great range of videos there! So its best to cut a slit in the turf rather then a plug? Are you detecting on parks or sports sites, as the grass looks neat? Cheers

Thanks for watching my videos. The y are not all posted here but you can find the rest in my channel.

I mostly do public areas. Parks etc but NEVER on playing fields. The slit method is one of the neatest ways to retrieve your target.

Have a look at th video in this link for good retrieval evaluation methods. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11178

I gotta get me one of those. !!!!
Been looking hard lately. :)
I will wait to see how much I empty the coffers from the holiday next week. :)
How far away from you before you got the weak signal Ramjet. ?
They state they can fly for aprox 30 minutes on one full charge.

Thanks guys. It's a ton of fun for sure.
DJI state 28 minutes flight time but that's in optimal conditions. From what I have seen on youtube 22 to 25 minutes is the real world figure. More batteries on the shopping list.

Tath I have seen a guy drive 12 miles from his mate who had the controller. He started it up and flew it back towards himself over a bay so nothing to block the signal. It flew just over 12 miles before the battery died. Not too shabby at all. My weak signal was because I was behind trees and over a small hill.... line of site. The software restricts it to 120 metres altitude as that is the Australian law. I have seen them way up in the clouds though.

Put it in sport mode and it will do 72 Kph.

I had it at 120 metres over my house this morning.....

1470369045_maitlad1.jpg

I knew there is a height restriction.
Range and flight time is critical to me.
Spending $600.00 and only having a flight time of
5 to 10 minutes is not on.
Very handy for checking out say a track in the bush before
continuing is one of the reasons I can think of.
Line of sight restrictions taken into account of course.
OK. Added to the bucket list. LOL

No doubt the software can be hacked, and drone modded to be awesomer. Can it carry extra weight?

rocketaroo said:
No doubt the software can be hacked, and drone modded to be awesomer. Can it carry extra weight?

I saw a guy doing lifting tests. It will lift about 1 kilo. To change the height limitation is just a couple of clicks on the app. It does have a sport mode. Disables some of the avoidance systems but gives better performance.

Latest posts