GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eadesy77 said:
LC76 said:
Gorgeous nugget there Goldwright well done.

With some of the ground I'v had to dig down into lately im seriously considering a much more heavy duty pick or crowbar.

Maybe small jackhammer?

If i missed any sarcasm im sorry.

I think you might need to re read the do's and donts of a miners right

I carry a cut down Pit Bar from Bunnings ($69). Just put a rubber end over the cut-off end (don't need the steel knob ontop - it only jars the hand) and it fits nicely in the back of the 4by. Digs a beaut hole (deep, low diameter and fast) in toughest ground. I showed it to Mardymoose who immediately bought one. Way better than your standard crow bar.
1461997802_pit_bar.jpg

LC76 said:
eadesy77 said:
LC76 said:
Gorgeous nugget there Goldwright well done.

With some of the ground I'v had to dig down into lately im seriously considering a much more heavy duty pick or crowbar.

Maybe small jackhammer?

If i missed any sarcasm im sorry.

I think you might need to re read the do's and donts of a miners right

Might depend where u r, I mean which state u r in. Wasn't being sarcastic either. That's what bugs me about text people can take what ur saying the wrong way, they don't get the emotion behind the text writing. Anyway was just trying to be helpful.

Quote:
"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit since its aim is to belittle or hurt someone. On the other hand, true wit associates with the word "levity", and boosts everyone's spirits, being aimed at an action, a happening or an attitude."
Mary Purnell, Revesby
Let's keep "levity" happening on this site :)

Well I had a re-think about my settings. Went over some of Nenads info as well as JP's stuff. Came up with these beauties - 16.2 grams in total:

1462004977_file-30-04-2016-6-12-10-pm.jpg

Threshold: 23
General
Low Smoothing (would like to have run off but was a bit noisy today)

The larger bits were around 2 1/2 feet deep, and interestingly the larger flat bit was positioned vertically in the hole. On Extra deep you could barely hear it. General came through loud and clear.

Nice gold pat.

One other thing that caught my attention was the old tree root signal. Got one that I dug down to and the Z was getting loud, got my uncle over with the 5000 and it was loud and put the SDC over it nothing at all. Once the tree root was broken the signal vanished, now have had quite a few over the years but wondered why the root fooled the Z and the X but not the SDC. I even switched the Z over to Severe still got it all settings still got it, only way to get rid of it was lower sensitivity below about 5. Has any one else got the tree root signals with the Z? it is always the same tree.

2.5 feet ..... bloody hell I'd be buggered digging that .... could have thrown the littles back for to keep us SDC users happy.
Well done, great reward for effort.
Cheers Tom

Teemore said:
2.5 feet ..... bloody hell I'd be buggered digging that .... could have thrown the littles back for to keep us SDC users happy.
Well done, great reward for effort.
Cheers Tom

I dug 7 holes at that depth today and only 2 had gold. The others all had junk.
As I walked into the house tonight my arm cramped up in protest lol.

I have a bad habit of digging my holes mostly one handed cause i cant be bothered unclipping the GPZ from the bungee.

Im past the cramps now.....but im turning into this guy.....
minelabuserman.jpg

No word of a lie one side is actually bigger now than the other lol

goldwright said:
Nice gold pat.

One other thing that caught my attention was the old tree root signal. Got one that I dug down to and the Z was getting loud, got my uncle over with the 5000 and it was loud and put the SDC over it nothing at all. Once the tree root was broken the signal vanished, now have had quite a few over the years but wondered why the root fooled the Z and the X but not the SDC. I even switched the Z over to Severe still got it all settings still got it, only way to get rid of it was lower sensitivity below about 5. Has any one else got the tree root signals with the Z? it is always the same tree.
Yeah mate i have the same thing with the Z. I got a signal at the bottom of a tree when i 1st used the Z and dug about a foot then realized it was the tree root.
Its usually just the 1 flat tone when going over certain tree roots, so i don't even bother to dig it unless its got a different sound in the Threshold.

One other thing we noticed was how close 2 Z's can get to each other. We would of been within 5m before it really became an issue, the new tech has made many improvements not just perfomance. I could get close to the SDC without it going to crazy on the Z but the SDC would be going nuts, same with the 5000.

1462571075_image.jpg

I found these in
Sens 20
Vol 15 (wm12)
Smoothing off
Difficult
Threshold 18
Then pinpoint in high yield
I was expecting a nugget though not decceminated gold(rookie)
So bits were spread all over the sides of the hole.
1462571577_image.jpg

These pieces still sounded off so I kept them ......lucky!
There are a few more like that but you get the drift.
1462571681_image.jpg

A300 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7467/1462571075_image.jpg
I found these in
Sens 20
Vol 15 (wm12)
Smoothing off
Difficult
Threshold 18
Then pinpoint in high yield
I was expecting a nugget though not decceminated gold(rookie)
So bits were spread all over the sides of the hole.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7467/1462571577_image.jpg
These pieces still sounded off so I kept them ......lucky!
There are a few more like that but you get the drift.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7467/1462571681_image.jpg

My guess is that you will be going back to that area/spot to suck up a few more of these.

Rob

Friday I was detecting some diggings near Eaglehawk and the GPZ had a bad case of the "Hee Hawws"

Tried resetting and ground balancing twice with no change.
Then I tried a noise cancel with coil up at head height and that reduced the "Hee Haww" a bit.
So I tried a noise cancel with the coil on the ground and that solved that problem for the rest of the day.

And managed to get half a gram in little bits.
I got the impression though that some of those diggings in Eaglehawk have been reworked a few times, probably during the depression days.

Anyway has anyone had the "Hee Hawws" yet?
It's like the GPZ Is hyperventilating lol

Yep fur sure lc76
Sometimes I don't scrape a very round hole.
And the" gap "the coil makes on the sides he haw,holes of light soil or humus seem to door also I've never re balanced though just reduced
Sensitivity or lived with it .
I also have had turn it on off issues with the sound of threashold stopping.

LC76 said:
Friday I was detecting some diggings near Eaglehawk and the GPZ had a bad case of the "Hee Hawws"

Tried resetting and ground balancing twice with no change.
Then I tried a noise cancel with coil up at head height and that reduced the "Hee Haww" a bit.
So I tried a noise cancel with the coil on the ground and that solved that problem for the rest of the day.

And managed to get half a gram in little bits.
I got the impression though that some of those diggings in Eaglehawk have been reworked a few times, probably during the depression days.

Anyway has anyone had the "Hee Hawws" yet?
It's like the GPZ Is hyperventilating lol
No Hee Haws yet but got that loss of threshold sound issue for the first time last week.
I'd ground balanced in HY switched to General & ground balanced ok then the threshold cut out after switching back to HY again. Restart fixed it & all was good but it's a pain (especially if it starts doing it regularly as I like switching to General to check target signals a bit).

I get a similar sound on my 4500 when there is a radio transmission close by. Could have been that? Tuning can sometimes fixes it, but it generally stops after a few minutes. Some just like gabbing on over the ether.

Latest posts