Sluiced a coin

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
About 3 or 4 weeks back i was doing some non-profit sluicing in a stream in Exmoor, England and about 3 hours in i noticed a big piece of gold, and i picked it out of the rifles, at first i thought it was a flake of gold but, it turned out to be a roman coin :)
(scroll out so you can see the coin properly)
1462213774_j_cjjcnncncncncncnccnncncnc.jpg

I have found other roman coins but, strangely this is the most detailed one.
Who else thinks this is cool?

I think it's very very cool indeed Ethan,
The oldest coins we find here in the land of Oz are up to 250 years old.
To find a coin that's 2000 years old is absolutely awesome mate.
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.
Cheers Steve :D

Recon that must be looking for artifacts in a creekbed, mostly old gold roman coins or the odd sheild or helmet (maybe), over here it'd just be rocks and old cans, with the odd bread bag and thongs. :D :lol: 8)

rocketaroo said:
gold is gold, but thats way cooler :) What exactly, is non profit sluicing?
I add any gold i find to my small bar and i just keep it, for no reason, except that i like owning gold.

Is that a drinking bar, or a solid gold bar ?
You could do a good photo shoot if your gunna melt her down, that'll have people choking over their breakfast, that's for sure (ha). :eek: :lol: :D

Hahaha, I would never even consider melting down a coin (unless its apocalypse time and legal tender had become obsolete and i need some money).
Its a solid gold bar for me, please :) But, in the event of lots of gold, i may consider making a drinking bar out of gold, i'm sure it would be popular ;)

Latest posts