Nugget Finder Evolution vs Coiltek mono Elite?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
037981 said:
mate I really appreciate the effort
I really like the look of the nugget finder 15" that's really nice looking

How would you compare the standard Minelab 11" Mono against the nugget finder12' and Coiltek12' Is there much of a difference

Maybe I might just wait until the 18 inch comes out

Also I want the booster so I can run Double speaker set up
Thank you very much

Cheers mitch :)

The 11" Minelab Mono is a ripper coil, very stable, sensitive and pretty deep - has probably found more gold on the GPX series than any other coil! The newer coils are the go to coils now due to the sharpness of response, and ability to ping the tiniest targets at better depth. I'd still recommend users to keep at least one "standard" mono in their arsenal, as I saw evidence of two types of ground around Amherst where the new coils struggled. Have also heard of some users having difficulties in certain spots in WA.

Regarding the 11" vs 12" evo, the 12" evo has a smidge more depth on nuggets a gram and up, but it would come down to settings and operator more so than the actual coils. What I really like about the Evo's is their tapered edge skidplates, it just glides along the ground.

I can sort you out with a B&Z and dual speaker set-up. Let me know if you're keen, can usually knock off a few bucks for direct orders, as Ebay fees are not kind.

cheers, Nenad

Thanks for your help

I will probably just stick with my standard coil as it is working good for me at the moment and next year when it gets closer to my big trip to halls creek wa I will look at upgrading Who knows maybe by then they will be a even better one

Where I detect mostly is in durikai Qld and it is not very deep I found mostly

I'm interested in your Dual speaker set up I will probably call you tomorrow

Cheers Mitch

Hey Mitch when you heading to Halls Creek. I live Tannum Sands QLD, will be heading over start of July. First time to WA, so may run into ya.

polky said:
Hey Mitch when you heading to Halls Creek. I live Tannum Sands QLD, will be heading over start of July. First time to WA, so may run into ya.

Hey mate sorry about that for reason I didn't get notification

As for when I'm heading over not quite sure yet as I will be meeting up with another local guy he used to live there but it will probably be around July

I live in Brisbane
:)

Heatho said:
Another great vid Nenad, thanks. That Detech DD is a ripper, though they all seem like excellent coils.

Yeah not much between them really is there. I watched the video again myself just to refresh my own memory, 12" Evo was best on the smaller bits, and 14" Elite was good on all except the larger 2.83g bit at depth.

Really all the coils struggled on the 1g which was probably buried too deep. The 12" Evo and 15" DD in S Extra gave the best hit on that piece.

But really, the 15" Evo was the only coil that got all the targets. The 15" DD Detech did as well, but needed a timing change on the 2.83g.

Has anyone tested these coils on a 4000 I would be very interested in how they preform on older machines.

Can any one elbaorate on this, im buying a 4500 and will buy either a NF evo or ct elite, havnt decided yet, also the coils I will have are the standard 2 that the new 4500, s have 11" mono and 17 x 9 mono commander.

Was thinking about a 14-15" round. What the more experienced 4500 users opinions?

Would also like a small coil for fiddlly areas, any suggestions there?

Ta, dave.

The 4500 comes with an 11" DD coil & a 15x10" Commander mono. There were a few dealers around throwing in a Coiltek 11" Elite too
http://www.finderskeepersgold.com/minelab-gpx4500.html
I personally wouldn't worry too much about anything else until you get your head around that lot or if your set on a 14-15" ask about getting that into any deal rather than the 11" elite?
My favourite coil for fiddly areas was the Nugget Finder Advantage 14"x7" but they are no longer fashionable so probably won't find gold anymore :lol:

Mine is 2nd hand.
Didnt realise that the 11" was a dd.
probably wont use that.
I can get a couple of NF advantage coils 2nd hand for a reasonable price off gumtree, local in my area.
But the areas im working are either flogged to death, or never seen a detector, the last requires a weekend trip, lots of walking with a pack full of water, I want the best, most trouble free coils for this area. Ive been there once, just before the wet season, only had an MXT.
found colour in the pan in several creeks (dry) but the mxt showed soooo many hot rocks it was hard to use. I have a tdi pro oz, but really want a gpx now as they are just so proven on gold, and I keep doubting myself with the tdi. I do find junkwith it, but the area has been flogged that ive used it, and rather than buy more coils for the tdi, I have an opportunity to get a 45 at a great price, so I will, and keep the tdi as well.

So, if the 11" is a ddd that makes it pretty easy, a 12" round nf evo it will be.

11" DD is a good utility coil so good to keep in the car. The 15x12" will be good for a bit of extra ground coverage and depth particularly in hot ground - works great in Enhance. 12" Evo will be your go-to coil, very good sensitivity and depth for its size.

If you are after something smaller for fiddly areas there's a few good options.

12x7" Nuggetfinder
8" Detech Mono
8" Commander
8x6" Sadie
6" Detech mono

Which one should I get for my GPX4500 Coiltek 11" elite or nugget finder evo 12"
What is better ????

hi Micky I have used both coils and found gold with both they are very good coils ,its your choice the elite is a bit cheaper the evo has better warranty if you have a 11 mono then I would consider the 12 evo regards john :)

In milder ground the 11" elite may give you a bees whisker more sensitivity, but in hotter ground the 12" evo will run more stable. The 12" evo also has a bit more depth. As you don't have Fine Gold on the 4500 like the 5000 does, you may also want to consider the 14x9" evo.

Or for the budget minded, the 11" Detech Ultra is only $345 https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16310

At the end of the day, they are all very good coils.

Is the d tech ultra series on par with the coiltech and NF as far as performance goes? Are they spiral wound or flat?

Chuck a NF 14 x 9 into the mix......lol, I personally really like the NF, I nearly got an elite due to cost, but the NF has a presure release valve, that lets hot air escape, and I live in the tropics, so that swung it for me, don, t know if it really has any benefit, but it makes sense on paper.
So, I vote NF.

I'm leaning towards the NF .i know someone with the elite and I know it gets noisy from time to time but he still swears by it and he does find a lot of gold with it..

They all get noisy from time to time, sometimes same location different day, thats why we settings on the detectors.
I reckon , from what Ive read, that the elites are fantastic coils, and so are the NF, s, the detechs are also getting great feedback, so which ever way you go, you can, t loose!

davent said:
Is the d tech ultra series on par with the coiltech and NF as far as performance goes? Are they spiral wound or flat?

Yes, the 14" which I've done a lot of tests with is really a great coil. The 11" I'm hoping to get some time on shortly and will see how she goes. Yes the Ultra coils are flat/spiral wound.

Latest posts