Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nacho said:
Anybody got any of these left at all?

I'm in Brisbane and willing to pay postage for one that is Brand New In a Box.

Thanks!

Seen 4 at aldi carseldine today
I almost bought a spare but for the financial advisor being present.

if you ask at local Aldi they will get one from another shop,thats what a mate did with a winch the other year

Yay, I managed to pick up an ALDI detector, the last at my local store in Brisbane so I was pretty stoked to find one not too far from home.

I'm going to start vlogging my hunts shortly so I thought I would do a quick video about my hunt at the park this afternoon. (stills only for this one sorry)

My other machine is an SDC2300 but this ALDI machine is pretty schmick for an $80 unit and already isn't far off paying itself off!
For anyone wondering if they should buy one, my answer is yes, yes, yes!

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By0ApGGpLjQ[/video]

I have only found bits of metal so far. Keen to actually find a piece/speck of gold or nugget ?

Hi All, I'm an extreme newbie to detecting (so please forgive my ignorance).. I picked one of these up at Aldi Chullora (NSW) a few moths ago. I think it was only $50 on sale. I have only tested it indoors (facing up) with coins and jewelry and it seems to work 90% of the time. I noticed a few of you bought a unit or 2 a couple of years ago and I'm wondering if the unit has lasted.

It seems there are a few comments about this detector being good in a park but was wondering if anyone has actually found gold using this detector out bush.

Cheers Camo.

I think you won't get a long "physical" life out of them. I have an Aldi and Kogan and i can't see them having a long life-good learning tool and coin detectors for parks.
Jaros :p

Camo100 said:
Hi All, I'm an extreme newbie to detecting (so please forgive my ignorance).. I picked one of these up at Aldi Chullora (NSW) a few moths ago. I think it was only $50 on sale. I have only tested it indoors (facing up) with coins and jewelry and it seems to work 90% of the time. I noticed a few of you bought a unit or 2 a couple of years ago and I'm wondering if the unit has lasted.

It seems there are a few comments about this detector being good in a park but was wondering if anyone has actually found gold using this detector out bush.

Cheers Camo.

Mines lasted quite a while, it still works well too, but the coil to shaft attachment is loose and now taped on and on/off/volume pot is a bit dicky and sometimes switches itself off and then on again. It served me well again a few months back when my CTX coil died.

It would be almost useless on the goldfields. I found 3 gold rings with mine though and quite a few silver pre dec coins, also at least $1500 in goldies.

Here's some of the stuff I found with it.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5199

Doubtful whether these will see any goldfields, other than for relics/coins in those areas, not really ideal nor setup for prospecting. Most good vlf gold detectors require a ground balance control to cancel out mineralisation typical of the goldfields, and a true all-metal mode with adjustable background threshold to hear the faint signals given off by small or deep nuggets. The Aldi is essentially just a bargain basement beep and dig coin/jewellery/relic detector.

As for longevity, all depends on how you treat the detector, and how many hours it is used for, and where it us used. Some have come off the Aldi floor with issues, whilst others have had a reasonably good service life with some good finds made by them. I've also seen reports of the coils not being exactly waterproof as well. The downside is if you have any parts fail on it, it will be unlikely that you can get any replacements, other than swapping it out under store warranty for a whole new detector (if in stock).

There are Chinese detectors sold on ebay that are essentially the same as the Aldi, just different plastics and format, though with the same electronics.

If you intend to detect long term, and are after a decent warranty with good access to parts and service, probably better off dealing with a brand name detector if budget allows. Gold detecting is another whole kettle of fish again, usually requiring a reasonably expensive detector to give yourself the best chance of finding something. Gold detectors are generally more expensive than their coin/relic detector equivalents. :)

I can see old diggings from my kitchen window and a kid at a nearby school found a nugget on the oval when he was playing footie... with his eyeballs, same script a woman found one in the street, so obviously if you swing a metal detector over a Goldfield you are in with a chance. I bought an $80 no brand off ebay and had a go on the local diggings before I got a bit more serious, after all, why not? If you are on holiday or live over the road from old diggings have a pop, I would only say that your chances of finding a nugget are extremely small, I have swung a vastly superior machine over old diggings for 10 months looking for relics and not found a nugget on the way so I would not recommend spending any amount of money making the effort to reach a Goldfield unless you are going there anyways. The good thing about these detectors is they pay for themselves in finding $1 and $2 coins so they are in effect free. I still use mine to give the kids at my own kids school a go finding 1&2c coins in the sandpit, they love it, finding "ancient" 1960's,70's and 80's coins. 8.(

edit: He wasn't playing footie with his eyeballs he was using a ball, he found the nugget with his eyeballs 8)

A while ago, one of the members on this site put up a picture of the settings he used with his Aldi MD that he used to find coins and pieces. I was wondering if someone could help me out with that picture. i had it saved but my puter died and Ive lost it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers all

Hey goodyab, i've played around with a few aldi's and find each one has different stregnths and weaknesses so i don't get fixed on a settings from someone elses machine. Some discriminate much better than others etc guess thats the price we pay for cheap machines! Have found about 500 bucks with them though so happy days.

Latest posts