You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

cashgoldsilver
06 April 2016 02:41 pm

I am currently within the Newcastle City/Lake Macquarie Council City limits and "every park" has signs amongst the do not do this and do not do that is the - NO GOLF ICON.

Yes golfing is similar being that it disrupts the grass/dirt but it - IS NOT - fossicking.

So I pose the question for the Poll.

Would you fossicking in a park that clearly shows/states that - No Golf

# YES YOU WOULD - reasons please.

# NO YOU WOULD NOT - reasons please.

I will trying to give a score/percentage after I have enough posts.

Thanks in advance.

CGS smile

P.S. I am sorry if this topic has been addressed before.

Last edited by cashgoldsilver (06 April 2016 02:42 pm)

Teknetics Delta 4000 - 5" Nel DD Coil - 8" Teknetics Concentric Coil - Garrett A.T. Pro Pinpointer - Oldest Coin 1881 British Shilling - C-ash is King - G-old is Insurance - S-ilver is Speculation.

Ramjet
06 April 2016 02:50 pm

Yes I would detect it because there is No sign saying no detecting.
As always I stay off playing fields, only detecting around the edges.

Touch the Frog.
Garrett At Pro, XP Deus, CTX 3030, pin pointer. Oldest find 1807 halfpenny, oldest silver 1854 threepence.

6 users like this post: cashgoldsilver, AtomRat, Bobh, Heatho, ozziii, silver

TTKooAu
06 April 2016 02:50 pm

Yes I would.
Reason 1, just because.
Reason 2. Less chance of getting hit in the head with a golf ball than if I was fossicking on a golf course. yikes

'........ gold is where you find it, or where you lose it!'
Teknetics ETP, Makro Gold Racer, Falcon MD20, XPointer, pans and stuff.

9 users like this post: dam it, Ramjet, cashgoldsilver, Chewy, AtomRat, maxwell4, Ivo, ozziii, silver

Pegleg
06 April 2016 05:25 pm

I always thought the no golfing in parks was because of the danger of high speed stray balls not because of the damage from a few wonky swings.

If you want to swing your detector around a park don't let a no golf sign stop you.

3 users like this post: cashgoldsilver, Ivo, silver

rocketaroo
06 April 2016 06:28 pm

silly poll, golf balls can injure, or kill.

252 FTY Silvers as at 2-10

2 users like this post: Ramjet, silver

cashgoldsilver
06 April 2016 06:36 pm

rocketaroo wrote:

silly poll, golf balls can injure, or kill.

I am a silly person big_smile glad I didn't disappoint lol

Teknetics Delta 4000 - 5" Nel DD Coil - 8" Teknetics Concentric Coil - Garrett A.T. Pro Pinpointer - Oldest Coin 1881 British Shilling - C-ash is King - G-old is Insurance - S-ilver is Speculation.

BigWave
06 April 2016 07:11 pm

The Five Man Electrical Band summed it all up with:
And my sign said: "Anybody caught golfin' will be shot on sight."
So, a self lovin sort of guy jumped on my fence and-a yelled at my good self:
"Hey, what gives you the right? To put up a fence to keep me out and allow you detectorists in."
Well if God was here, He'd tell him to his face: "Man, you're some kind of sinner."
At least that's how I remember it. So, it looks like we even have the Almighty on our side smile
With that endorsement, I'd say: go for it!

GPX-4500 & Direction Finding Daughter

4 users like this post: cashgoldsilver, Chewy, silver, TTKooAu

cashgoldsilver
06 April 2016 07:35 pm

BigWave wrote:

The Five Man Electrical Band summed it all up with:
And my sign said: "Anybody caught golfin' will be shot on sight."
So, a self lovin sort of guy jumped on my fence and-a yelled at my good self:
"Hey, what gives you the right? To put up a fence to keep me out and allow you detectorists in."
Well if God was here, He'd tell him to his face: "Man, you're some kind of sinner."
At least that's how I remember it. So, it looks like we even have the Almighty on our side smile
With that endorsement, I'd say: go for it!

With an endorsement like that I will have a poke around somewhere next week.

But tomorrow I am going to investigate a good cutting at a beach nearby hopefully finding some yellow stuff.

Thanks for that smile

Last edited by cashgoldsilver (06 April 2016 07:38 pm)

3 users like this post: Ramjet, rocketaroo, silver

Ramjet
06 April 2016 07:39 pm

Good luck

Touch the Frog.
Garrett At Pro, XP Deus, CTX 3030, pin pointer. Oldest find 1807 halfpenny, oldest silver 1854 threepence.

1 user likes this post: cashgoldsilver

rocketaroo
06 April 2016 09:11 pm

beach is the best place around newy, parks have been fished out wink

252 FTY Silvers as at 2-10

1 user likes this post: cashgoldsilver

AngerManagement
Repairs + X-pointers
Repairs + X-pointers
06 April 2016 09:37 pm

Council laws up here all cover off on Disturbing/destroying/damaging soils and grasses. Thus Recovery is technically an illegal activity; regardless of Signage.

Many parks do not have signs stating " No Motorbikes" ( But am sure they are a NO NO every where), ours does have that on one of teh main signs; as too many rich kids with toys pushed the boundaries.

SO: Would you fossicking in a park that clearly shows/states that - No Golf

A: I would be happy to Swing a detector in many places.. But I may not attempt recovery of any items.

B: If it was a Fossicking Park/area out near a township and stated no Golf... I would be happy to pan and scratch around and Detect/recover.

C: Many places/parks in some council areas that have NO Signs but a few have been slapped with fines and others given marching orders

Best find - The Wife # Equipment - X-Pointer x 4, Nokta Fors Gold Plus, Excalibur II, CTX3030 and a Minore III with custom wood - and lots of other stuff

2 users like this post: silver, cashgoldsilver

cashgoldsilver
07 April 2016 09:31 am

AngerManagement wrote:

Council laws up here all cover off on Disturbing/destroying/damaging soils and grasses. Thus Recovery is technically an illegal activity; regardless of Signage.

Many parks do not have signs stating " No Motorbikes" ( But am sure they are a NO NO every where), ours does have that on one of teh main signs; as too many rich kids with toys pushed the boundaries.

SO: Would you fossicking in a park that clearly shows/states that - No Golf

A: I would be happy to Swing a detector in many places.. But I may not attempt recovery of any items.

B: If it was a Fossicking Park/area out near a township and stated no Golf... I would be happy to pan and scratch around and Detect/recover.

C: Many places/parks in some council areas that have NO Signs but a few have been slapped with fines and others given marching orders

Thankyou smile

I remember when I was on the Gold Coast (Mermaid Beach) house sitting for 3.5 months (20 months ago) the local parks had no signs or very few that I can remember,anyway no one had looked at them and I cleaned up with my Teknetics Delta 4000 which I had just taken delivery. tongue

It was a dream start for me to my new hobby,plus I found a nice 9ct white gold diamond (plastic?) ring weighing 3.6g on the beach in the dry sand.

This is the best and most informative post which I tend to remember from somewhere being - disturbing/destroying soil etc etc.

Anyway,I wonder what would/could be the fine if you received one in Newcastle/Lake Macquarie = $$$

Thanks to all contributors.

Poll Closed

2 users like this post: silver, AngerManagement

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site