Whites and Jimmy Sierra divorced!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad way to part, might also spell the end of seeing the TDI Pro Oz here as a result. Can't help but think that Whites may be struggling to compete with its international competitors, the exchange rate here certainly hasn't helped their local sales. :/

Well with the loss of all their good engineers IE Carl going to first Texas and Dave Johnson going there too it is now wonder we are seeing such low performance products with Novices running the show and there has been problem with the las 3 releases from white and the new MX-Sport is having to be recalled for a software update, I caught them out on their Video and proved them wrong and they failed to get back to me,

Jimmy Sierra was on of the Main Driving forces behind the Birth of the MXT and the GMT and the DFX and a heck of a lot of field Testing which is why the MXT took 2 years to Build,

Heres a NEWS FLASH for ya I found out that the MXT pro was fitted with a 5 button set of push pad incorporating a + and - for manual Ground balancing But the management Said NO it had too many buttons even though the DFX and the V3i and the new MXS all had 6 to 9 buttons on them so we missed out again, That is one thing I have been asking for for many years and to find out this week that we almost had it and they took it away is despicable.

And now this with Jimmy Sierra is total BS, Bring it on Nokta/Makro XP, Garrett, Minelab Fisher hell I will even invite Chinese knock offs anything but Whites,

Somebody send me a Bloody ALDI Deep Scan, Bugga Whites, they crapped on the wrong Bloke this time. Jimmy is a Legend and the Treasure and Gold he has found is beyond belief. He found a huge amount of Silver Dollars that were Stolen from him, and he is a Top Bloke.

john

Probably the worst marketing move Whites could have possibly made, and the timing could not have been worse re the MX Sport issues, no matter how much forum representatives for Whites "sugar coat" the issue. Were they naive enough to not expect a right if reply from Jimmy on the "early retirement"?

Whites need to seriously pick up their act and move with the times, or they will quickly end up fading into obscurity as Tesoro have already done.

One thing that does ring true, there are certainly no friends when it comes to business. :rolleyes:

Amen to that GP,,, A company living off the back of past Legends for 16 years like the MXTs and the GMTs is fine but without modern research and Technology then there is a time when the public will Vote by spending their Dollars Else where, Whites need to realize that without those Dollars they would all be on the Dole and just because they sit on their backsides watching the ships sail by they shift the blame to people like Jimmy, They have done nothing since about 2008 with the TDI and the V3i apart from stick 3 Buttons on the MXT, even their TRX pin pointer cross talks with their detectors within 4 feet of them and when I asked them about it they said it was not a problem, Yet the old Bullseye II works with 5 inches of the coil because it runs at 36khz, I know because I watched a video on the MX-sport and they Guys TRX @ about 12khz was making the MX-Sport very Vocal @13.8khz, Yet the BE II @36khz and the MXT @13.889khz works really well together,

Honest Prospectors like Jimmy S and Steve H have been trying to get Whites to move with the Times, Steve caused a new Gold Rush in Alaska when the MXT and the GMT first came out and he has been around Whites since the Early 70s and Steve sold that many of them that Whites could not keep up Production to suit the Demand and jimmy became a Whites Dealer in 1978, If you don't take people like them seriously and take their input to good use then you are committing Industrial Suicide,

It appears that their new younger staff doesn't have a Clue compared to the Guys that they are pushing out the door and the last 3 of whites releases have had issues, The failure of the company to remain at the top is more related to ignore moving with the Times, Because they make the detector they think that they are the important ones (WRONG) unless we spend our Dollars they are stuffed and WE decide how important they are by spending those Dollars and Their Biggest problem is They Build what they want to Build and Not what we Ask for, The Blame belongs right at their front door, It's not Cheap detectors or foreign imports or a slump in the market, It is because they think that they know best and that we will keep buying yesterdays News. Look at Minelab ,, They have bought out loads of machines in the past couple of years, Nokta/Makro make, Build and supply them as fast as we ask for them and they Listen, If you don't like something and as long as you keep your comment constructive they put the Wheels in motion and within no time they correct it, In the detecting prospecting world all we want is for companies to listen and keep us ahead of the Game,

So if one Pub runs out of Beer :eek: :eek: (Heaven Forbid) then we will go on to the next Pub :D :D :D

PhaseTech said:
Really feel for the detector shops that are getting shafted by round table decisions. John, I think you'd do a good job as CEO :)

Yeah lol,, The best way to get the best out of people is not crush their spirit and reward those who make the effort, I remember seeing all this before and the people at that company made a person want to get out there and get in to it, Some where I still have all those catalogs,

These clowns further up the food chain destroy the company and the workers take the hit A Slump in the market has never effected me spending money on a detector I will find the money no matter what and I am not loaded but what a company does will definitely effect where I spend my money, and I always shop at the at the small stores, when you consider how much a person saves theres not point in being the riches man in the Graveyard ya cant take it with ya.

These CEO's like all workers are only as good as their last Job and neither one of them CEO's was a success and Whites Is still stuck in the past, but those CEO's still got paid for what they never ever did or agreed to do and the people like Jimmy gets the shaft, Jimmy's finds are legendary. Bless him.

john

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Hik9whJuE

PhaseTech said:
Really feel for the detector shops that are getting shafted by round table decisions. John, I think you'd do a good job as CEO :)
Couldn't hurt. RR seems to have a better handle on the big issues.

There are 4/5 people that I can name that gave me the passion about Detecting, Two are in the US and Two are In OZ and one over here somewhere, Seeing their finds and their stories just lit the fire and it is a flame that can't be put out and at leased two of them are members here and three of them have been shafted by companies and those three have had a massive influence on what machine I have bought and as well all know this hobby/Career is not a cheap thing to get in to if you are serious about it.

So when I think about those people I see what they have given me over the years and they never even knew I existed but I can think back to every Great Find and it is like it was just yesterday, So when I see companies doing this I take offence to it, There is a reason an Army has Officers, because they are supposed to lead by example and Soldiers are only as good as the person that leads them, So going back to the management not allowing the engineers to fit the manual GB on the MXT when thousands of people have asked for it was a huge mistake because those people who got ignored will buy products that have the features they need, And they (The CEO's) seem to adopt a NO Blame policy and it is never them who is at fault, But they forget the No Blame policy when they are looking for a Scape Goat, Just like me they "P" standing up and put their pants on one leg at a time so how are they so different and yet as we have seen here The Man who helped put Whites on the Map get the Rough end of the Pine Apple, I doubt that there is anyone left at Whites who was there When Jimmy and a few other first got involved with Whites.

With all this going on in the back ground at Whites with fear of this that and the other how the devil can people focus on their Job when management Smash Ideas and destroy moral with people wondering who's next for the chop, It's like Prospecting you only get out of it What you put in to it, It's not rocket science you just give people something to work/Strive for, If they make and make it Good we would buy it, The excuse about Slump in the market is Cobblers, There is No Slump We are just buying the Machines that work and that have those features that are needed, just like when ML made the first of the GP machines, they Listened and worked with us/People and we all know what has happened since.

I guess they are lucky that I am not there :eek: The first out the door would be the Brown nosers and the yes men. That would save a fair bit to plough back in to research and overtime for the blokes who do know their job,

I have posted asking Jimmy and Makro/Nokta to start talking to each other because with Jimmy's Knowledge and M/N skills and willingness to listen to people they could move mountains,

I'd pay to see that :D John

Here's Jimmy telling about the Goat Doctor Treasure, Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnwIgVZbJEQ

Latest posts