PMAV General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metamorphic said:
Good luck AR.....your intentions are honourable and what we as prospectors stand for mate!

I hope they read this post and listen to you my friend.

Your now holy initiated into Meta's army of troops, that fight to protect our Flora n Fauna, with the intention of protecting our rights as responsible hobbyists, that means no harm to our wonderful natural environment!

God bless the bush, and prospectors who care!

We can work together for the good of all ;)
Nothing wrong with enjoying the peace and serenity out in the bush, listening to bird calls, strange miniscule mushrooms or spotting rare galaxis fish swimming in schools. I love the ferns which have smaller ferns growing on them of seperate species and studying what made the soils and conditions they thrive in. I actually believe past mining accivity here has brought in some of the semi tropic gullies that lay here.

I still wear my "Friend of the Leadbeater Possum" sticker on my car.

I'm trying to get across that having prospectors and clubs who respectfully clean up after themselves or spend time cleaning up someone else's mess or the forrest, we are a team / army that can be put to use while we are in groups.

Sediment issues? Prospectors could help by making sandbags by catching the sluice runoff and store them by creek edge / storage somewhere for times of flood?

I hope something can be agreed to with prospecting in the Yarra Valley..its what made these towns.

I agree mate....its tough, they dont hear our voice.

We must support PMAV though......like them or not, they are the only voice we have.

Im a gold prospector, i dont know a lot about gems but to me it seems we should all be called the same.

We are prospectors!

Simple ;)

Good luck dude :D

Where are ya Ollie? Where's the PMAV? I don't see much movement happening at all or where to even discuss this. Kind of pointless when the ones who are supposibly helping don't even reply

AtomRat said:
Where are ya Ollie? Where's the PMAV? I don't see much movement happening at all or where to even discuss this. Kind of pointless when the ones who are supposibly helping don't even reply

I think they only frequent the forum to give us updates mate, not to chin wag.

It's probably best to contact the guys directly thru their webpage. I'm sure they will get back to you then. Although I'd imagine they're very busy fighting our battle.

Atomrat you need to contact Rita Bentley or Olly Oleszek Rita number is 0408328640. Olly 0427901947
wombat ;)

As from the 17th Feb 2016 the PMAV Central Branch will be holding their monthly meetings at the Maryborough Highland Society, High St. Maryborough. Meetings are on the 3dr. Wednesday of each month. Tea at 6pm, meeting at 7pm. All Welcome.

wombat ;)

This weekend the annaul meeting of the PMAV is to be held at Rawson,so if you have nothing on and you are in the area,drop in.
The PMAV do a wonderful job fighting to keeping areas open,for us prospectors,just have a look at the other states how badly the prospectors are treated.
So if you would like to keep Victoria friendly for our hobby,we must support the PMAV.

Regards Frank

Well said Fred. I can't make it this weekend, it is a great meeting of like minded people.

The PMAV held the annual meeting in a stadium at the little town of Rawson
The weather was cold and damp,Friday night it snowed at Erica,and Saturday morning when travelling down Erica it was sleet.
Even though the weather was cold,there was about 120 members turned up for the accasion.
Rita Bently raised the fight that the association has on its hands to hold the ground that we have for prospecting.
Another point raised the amount of prospectors that hold miners rights and not members,so it would be good that we could get more members to fight the battle.
After the meeting my dear wife and spent next day in Walhalla,which was great,a ride on the train,and the long tunnel mine tour,which was fantastic,
Here is a some pictures of Walhalla.
vFgj4DYl.jpg

y35hC6bl.jpg

mpm1UVil.jpg

rg8Ztvil.jpg

GbRVU41l.jpg

SOYYjhul.jpg

The top of the old shaft
wADt1idl.jpg

Walk around the old town
7h5y1GPl.jpg

qNxDRGEl.jpg

gvHmDljl.jpg

XxwP1f0l.jpg

Regards Frank

What a neat place to visit, would be great to take a ride on that train.

Mike70.

Perfect Patrick. :) :) :)
Print the form out and get as many people to sign it.
That is the only way the petition will be recognized.
It must be in a printed, signed format only

Thanks Mate :Y: All they have do is print it out and get them selve and their mate to sign it. Return postal address in at the bottom.
wombat

Latest posts