DigginForGold Vids

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PotOfGold said:
Parko said:
Ya should have been more sociable mate. I cruised past in a little green machine, grabbed a bucket of pay dirt and then wacked off. Said Gday but you weren't interested. Pity coz I could have shown you exactly where to dig and what to look for. A nice little honey pot is what I've been working. Get a g out of one 15L bucket which is easy work to me. I use a river sluice so you probably saw my tailings in the creek, but not at the point you were working, and not for the past few weeks as the creek flows are fairly ordinary at the moment. Just waiting for a bit of a flood as in 2012 when the Woolshed Falls looked like this:https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6076/1456645836_2012-03-04_16.38.38.jpg

Oh no. I should have. I thought the same about you. I hung around my camp for a bit after you parked up thinking you might come say hi, but you didn't so I went and had a poke around. I've got social anxiety disorder so I don't usually make the first move. Didnt mean to come accross as rude or anything. Sorry if i did. Oh well, next time maybe. Sounds like you really know what you're doing around there mate...would have been good to have a chat.

And that looks awesome. How often can we expect it to look like that? Obviously at least 4 or 5 years ey...

Never mind, my mum has the same problem too. Next time, eh. I'm a bit wary of blow ins at the moment as opposed to the locals like me. There have been a few shifty characters on Reedy over the past year or so doing the wrong thing and trashing the place. Ripping up vegetation, leaving unfilled holes etc. Shame really, but Parks Vic rangers are aware of it.

Hi,

So I've decided to start a post where I can post all of my prospecting videos. I plan on making more so may as well keep them all in one place rather than starting a new thread each time.

Here's the first one for this thread. I had a bit of a look in a creek within the Gippsland region. I had mild success, but had to cut it short as I got there rather late, and I forgot my supplies like water and a snack, plus I forgot my crevicing tools so didn't have a brush (which I needed).

nice finds, hope you go back before water flows with proper tools,as i think you would get lots more pickers,gotta be happy with those you did get though? i know i would be

thank you Matt,

Excellente video! Wonderful place!

Hey Matt,
that bird is one that is singing in your video?

Nice vid mate, that's the job, test pan test pan everywhere :)
Keep up the good work.

Rob

Thanks everyone :) I was certainly happy with how it went.

@ joao garimpeiro
I'm not sure what bird that is...but I also noticed it and wondered. Any ornithologists about? Haha

@ AtomRat
I'd read previously that the leeches out that way can be crazy so I was concerned as I made my way out there. But...didn't even see one leech, thankfully.

Yeah you're not wrong. I've had encounters with snakes in the recent past whilst out prospecting...almost stepped on a red bellied black snake up at reedy creek past year. It scared the crap out of me. I now tend to make a lot of noise as I walk through the bush, and if I can I have a long stick that I'll bang on the ground in front of me as I walk. Don't know if that's necessary but I really don't want to step on one.

Great Vid. Nicely edited. Great finds. I agree you got to be happy with that.
Well done. That bedrock is a natural sluice trapping the gold. I'm sure you'll be back there with the right equipment. Good luck.

Don't worry..you know when your in a leech riddled spot out here mate :lol:

Couple of months since I've seen a snake now but they will still be out there. Watch the monitor lizards too as they can want to play chasies sometimes!!

Oh great. Something to look forward to then haha sigh.

Haha I haven't seen any monitor lizards yet but I'll now be sure to keep an eye on the little bugger when I do. Do we get any decent sized ones down here in Vic?

Yeah mate.. they are not little... last one I saw was around 2m. They tend to run up the trees but I don't know what happens if you stumble across them close to their nesting zone. I've been told they can run straight up your leg with nasty claws, i've been chased once, keep your distance

Oh wow thats a LOT bigger than I was expecting. Certainly wouldn't want to mess with one of em. I'll definitely keep my distance if I ever happen to see one.

Love the clip and the scenery, great spot to relax at away from the big smoke. Almost looks like you'd need a machete to get in there. ;)

@Goldpick
Haha yeah the walk in there was interesting to say the least. I had to turn back and find an alternate path more than once. But that's how you know your going to a spot with potential I say. If it was easy to get to then the gold would already be gone ey.

@silver
Thanks very much mate :D