DIY. Rock Crusher..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1447457176_image.jpeg
1447457195_image.jpeg
Is this a bit too big...It will be heavy and not portable..a Honda motor....5hp....4 inch intake...is it just too big? It should crush some rock though..

I was thinking a big version of greencheeks 77 ..Flail? Mill..I really don't know if I need one that big..but just happened to have that bit of steel..would SS.be harder than normal pipe steel..

Yes thanks jethro ..steel partials could be a bit of a problem..I suppose that's why nobody uses ss chains..cheers

I think you have the basis for a good flail mill there.
I built mine out of a piece of pipe of indeterminate composition, diameter about 13 inches wall thickness 3/8'' ,width 4'' (100mm) The chain I used was a bit of old high tensile lifting chain arranged in a cloverleaf pattern around a 25mm shaft. It is side feed & side discharge as I believe this is a bit easier on the screens. I powered mine with a 6.5 hp chonda knock off with centrifugal clutch. Its cheap but works ok.

It takes 65mm stone and reduces to 3mm & smaller dust in one pass & feeds at about 750g a minute.

I think the diameter is ok but would be too wide...I think around 4 inches would suffice..I will start with a new bit of tube as might be a bit tough cutting that bit down..will check out the steel suppliers around town..and be able to transport a lighter crusher with us in the trailer ..keep that big boy for when we go big time..lol

You might need to make a spaghetti & oxy torch to cut through the thick stuff ;)
Personally..I'd ve happy with that size for a mill, certainly limited with drilling and cutting for its size and thickness though so it keep that minimal and just use threaded rod and bolts to hold two square sheets of steel plate on each side like jeff williams one

13 Hp $312
1447478031_image.jpeg
Hell might have to build 2...Big one and a smaller transportable one..wouldn't like to waste that big tube...down on my mates farm we have mig tig and arc ,oxy...lathe,mill...and best of all he knows how to use them ..not me..see how far we get next week..

Latest posts