Whites Tdi Pro Oz Replacement Battery

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My old man uses 18650 batteries a fair bit in high powered torches for hunting, he was saying the highest power rated batteries are 3400Mah & made by Panasonic, they have the protection circuit as well. There's a few companies that use panasonic cells so its just a matter of finding which ones, but they may cost a little more, worth it though. My old man uses Solarforce protected batteries which come from Panasonic & he's never had a problem with them. I think the protection circuitry is to help stop over discharge.

ozziii said:
My old man uses 18650 batteries a fair bit in high powered torches for hunting, he was saying the highest power rated batteries are 3400Mah & made by Panasonic, they have the protection circuit as well. There's a few companies that use panasonic cells so its just a matter of finding which ones, but they may cost a little more, worth it though. My old man uses Solarforce protected batteries which come from Panasonic & he's never had a problem with them. I think the protection circuitry is to help stop over discharge.

These are the batteries your father uses.

http://www.gearbest.com/18650-li^^ion-batteries-_gear/

Using these batteries it would cost about $30 to make a battery pack that would last over 4 hours in the TDI Pro Oz.

Magilla said:
ozziii said:

These are the batteries your father uses.

http://www.gearbest.com/18650-li^^ion-batteries-_gear/

Using these batteries it would cost about $30 to make a battery pack that would last over 4 hours in the TDI Pro Oz.

He gets all his through Solarforce Flashlights where he gets his hunting torches from.
http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/

They have been a good mob to deal with, the old man would have around a dozen different torches & probably 2-3 18650's for each torch, I think he has an addiction,haha.

I can Get the 4,400 mah Factory standard pack for about $200, So if that's a better deal than you Guys can get let me know.

John

I am testing a battery pack in myTDI at the moment. Locally produced at $175.00 it is looks exactly the same as the original TDI packs and has a slightly higher capacity. Charges with the standard charger. So far performing very well. I will release full details of the supplier as soon as testing is complete.

Thanks to Tony2 for spotting this. If you are looking to find a new battery for your Tdi Pro, but don't want to refurbish the old pack with new cells, etc Then you can just buy a ready to go pack locally in Australia. The price at $166 is half what was charged by Goldsearch Australia way back. Not a bad deal. Just need to change the over the plug I think. Not sure.

1581167089_licb-18650-4s2p-hc-r5689.jpg

Available from Batteries Direct. Again well spotted Tony.

Hi would this work for the tdi sl I think it's the same 8 x aa battery pack but how would you plug this in

Latest posts