Sapphire Fossicking around Glenn Innes

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this spot ?
It was posted Feb 15 2013 so it seems somewhat new.

"On the wings of eagles, Tangoa rd wellingrove
Sapphire Fossicking on camerons creek
$15per fossicker per day BYO picnic, sieves/picks
Phone jill at 0429 356 280 for gates to be unlocked and a disclaimer form signed
Enjoy your fossicking experience as you keep a look out for the roaming brumbies! camping and fishing trips also available"

Talk to Jill about possibility of visiting the site when you are here for Minerama. I understand from the brochure that the site is a great location of 1000 acres for fossicking, fishing, swimming, picnicing, waterfalls, wildlife etc and situated on both the Severn River and Cameron's Creek.

To get there go out along the Strathbogie Rd past Wellingrove turn off and proceed to the end of the bitumen, travel on for about another 2.2 klms and Tangoa Rd is on the right. You will not find it on Google Maps but I think the satelite view might show it.

Some comments on the site ..
All reports I'm getting are very favorable. Good trip numbers coming thru of around 100+ / day. I had 75 :eek: yesterday at Lonewood, slightly up from the 50 max but plenty of good finds again. As long as everyone is happy & theres room then I'm happy.

Another commenter says ,,
I ended up with 10 small sapphires so it was a great day had by all.

Source: http://aussielapidaryforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3049.0

Cheers ,
Eugene

Latest posts