Fisher CZ21 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a great platform.

I use the cz3d.

Its built like a tank and used by pro
Divers.

Hi has anyone else on here had problems fitting the coil on the CZ 21. I have a new unit and not been able to use it as the coil is too loose on the shaft, very floppy, and can't be tightened anymore. The rubber washers supplied are flush with the stem casing therefore making them inaffective. I wrote to First Texas and they have just sent me the same washers ? Still can't use the detector after almost 2 months. I noted there were comments on an earlier message about using another brand of stem, I shouldn't have to do that on a $ 2000 unit.
Not happy, :(

Take out rubber washer and insert a shim washer behind, both sides if needed.

Didn't you make up some washers to suit in your last post, sounded like you were happy that they were working? Are the original rubber washers so thin that you risk snapping the coil ears if tightened too much, or is there no thread left on the bolt to tighten any further?

make your own plastic washers, to close the gap, this problem should be an easy fix :)

Hi I guess I'm wanting Fisher to fix THEIR problem, if you spend $2000 on a detector it should come ready to use not left to the consumer to sort it out.
I can fix mine by adding another washer to pack it out but First Texas wanted me to wait for their fix, and me fixing mine wont help the next guy that buys one expecting to unpack it and go detecting. I have contacted them again and they have responded, I asked them to try fitting one their end, see what happens. Cheers

I would have informed Fisher of the problem back when, then fixed it and had almost two months use of it by now.

But that's just me wanting to use what I've paid for without delay. ;)

My first CZ21 did not have that issue, however I sent mine back to First Texas as I had a headphone issue and they sent me a new replacement machine. My new machine also has this issue but i just tightened the screws really hard and it seems to hold the coil in place.

Shouldnt have to struggle like that and I hope it lasts.

Hi has anyone had a problem with water getting into the battey box on the CZ21
I'm staring to regret buying this machine. Cheers.

Hi I have contacted Fisher and they have sorted it out for me, very happy with outcome.
I have renewed confidence in the products and company.
Cannot fault the backup from the US. :)

CZ21 showed up on Friday, it was here in time for all the rough ocean storms coming across the Bass strait. No issues what so ever with the machine, the coil fitted correctly and tight with the washers supplied, headphones worked perfect in the rain but not tried them underwater yet.
Depth was fantastic and looking forward to another hunt soon as the snow / rain and wind dies down.
I also have used Garretts, Minelab, Teknetic and Fisher down on this beach, so i happy to compare many brands. Also my YouTube channel you can see the various machines i worked on beaches.
This forum wont allow me to post a video of the machine being used, but that is on my youtube channel. here at least is a picture of the hunt
1465090320__20_3.jpg