Whites MXT Pro

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauly

Paul
Reaction score
Hi all just bought an MXT Pro, spur of the moment thing lol. Anybody have an experience with these?

Nobody??

Surely somebody knows about them, please dont tell me I bought a dud lol.

I've haven't come across one personally but going by the specs on the website they look alright.

Have you checked out these videos?

Let us know how you find it ;)

Thanks Mate, should be here next week so I will have a play with it then probably down the beach.

I think that is the one Hereskip has, the mineralization meter is great for following mineralized black sand areas in the creek when working out areas to highbank/pan.

DD

Hey Pauly,
We have a Whites GMT and are told by some they are good.
Havent had it long so still working out the settings.

There are some good youtube clips on whites worth watching for ideas.

Good luck with it.

Its been a couple of months of intensive research, and down to the wire there was about 3 or 4 different detectors and brands, I've could have gone for, but ended up with the Whites MXT Pro as our new Detector.

We wanted a detector that could be used as a nugget hunter, coins/relics and on the beach.
there were a few that fit the bill including the F75,T2, GoldBug pro/G2 and AT Pro are some of the machines under consideration.
What stood out on the Whites was the build quality and the choice of coils.

The package I ended up getting was MXT pro with standard 12" Spider coil, 4x6 shooter, 6x10 Eclipse DD and the 10" D2 DD coil
the 2 smaller coils should be good for nugget hunting, and will be trying them out in the Wombat forrest on the weekend.

Will post some photos of our trip next week.

1372839409_d2_coil.jpg

Hey Tiger, good luck out there :) Is that the Wombat state forest near Woodend?

I haven't tried there yet, but it's on the bucket list. Let us know how you go with the new swing stick :p

Au

I have been using one for a while now.
Excellent all round single frequency VLF machine.
Let me know if you have any specific questions on the MXT PRO.

Tony

Pauly I have one anything you need to know. They are a great all round machine,I got mine to do the beach with and a little gold work as Trent said good trace the black sand meter for high banking and on the beach found enough coins to pay rego last year. I have also used a 4x6 dd coil with it good for tight spot and small gold.
And only just seen this post sorry for being late on the post.
Cheers
Skip

The MXT Pro which I bought from Pauly arrived today and I only had a spare 10 mins to play with it as I was heading off to have dinner with the folks.
This is the first detector I have ever held and it really surprised me how quick it was to setup, just clipped it all together and switched it on out the backyard with the 12" 300 LTD coil and put it to factory settings in Coin/Jewellery.
We've just had a 9x7 meter slab poured yesterday for my new shed and there's nails scattered everywhere from when they removed the fence and boxing timbers so I started swinging with plenty of low grunt Iron targets showing, then within 5 meters I got a high pitched target saying 5c / Aluminum showing VDI of 60(ish) at a depth of 3, pinpointed the mark and raced off to get my pick as I was in a rush but curious to know what it was. I dug a bit of dirt out, re scanned, dug some more then target was out of the hole, grabbed small handfuls of dirt to run over the coil and found the ring from the end of a tarp, I think it's titanium(?) as it's silver but harder than Aluminium.
Anyway, I had to run so put it inside and headed out for the night.
I was wrapped with how quick and easy it was to setup and find my first target within 5-10 mins. and the buzz I got from digging my first target, I can't wait to get it out in the park and get some hours clocked up on it.
I'd like to say a big thanks to Pauly for offering it up, packing and sending and making it a very easy transaction, top job :)
Also a big thanks to those that contributed your thoughts and ideas to my search for my first detector, I've learnt a bit through your suggestions and my research over the past few weeks without even holding a detector, it's been a great learning curve and the start of fun times ahead, I couldn't be happier with my choice in the MXT Pro and think it will serve me well covering a range of situations, maybe in a year or two I'll look at a PI detector for the GT to add to the arsenal but for now I'm a very happy camper :D

Thanks guys, think I need to head up to some old mine sites tomorrow and have a general look around and see what coins, relics and who knows what else. I'm working in the garden this weekend but the mind is elsewhere so the garden can wait ;)

Headed out this morning on a bit of a recon mission, had buckets, pans, sieves, picks and detector in the back of the ute as I wanted to check out a few spots for future reference. My journey took me through Buln Buln, Hawthorn Creek camping area then on to Russell Creek at Hill End to see what was about. I didn't get the chance to dip the pan as I came across 3 different areas where the track side embankment had fallen away exposing some little quarts veins amongst the bedrock and shaeling so I spent half of the day getting a bucket of samples at each location.
I decided to got past Russell Creek and straight to a spot where I camped a couple of years ago, the idea was to get an hour or two on the MXT Pro, I had the 6x10 DD coil on and around the main campsite it went troppo from the amount of ring pulls, bottle tops and foil so I ventured up the track a bit, used it in Prospecting mode and plenty of iron targets located, I dug everything else as it was at 10% Iron probability but the VDI varied between the bullet shells and aluminium, I had a few fluttering moments when there was a faint signal with 10% iron and VDI between 30-50, turned out to be melted Aluminium that looked nuggetty, just light weight.
It also signalled on a couple of pieces of rock, faint signal at 20% iron and VDI around 50-60 from memory, I turfed the first one as it looked like nothing but kept the second one just in case, it's in the pic and not sure if it's iron stone or hot rock?
Also got a small piece of lead that had my heart fluttering at first when it was dug from about 4", weighty but the heart sank when I washed it at the car.
So, I was happy with the MXT but wish I had more time to play with it, found plenty of bullet shells, my first coin, lead, too many bottle tops and foil as well as what looks like the broken end of a bolt handle on a rifle.
I've got 3 full 20ltr buckets with locations written on with samples to classify and crush and I'm stuffed, got blisters on my hands from the pick (bloody ring pulls & foil) it's been a big day and hanging for next weekend to come around.
1413107729_dsc06261.jpg

Hi Pete,

Do yourself a favour and buy the book called MXT The Edge by Jeff Foster from Gold Search Australia.
You will learn a lot more about your Detector than just reading the instruction book alone.
Learning a few procedures like how to tell when the ground is mineralized to help select
coil types and SAT speeds when hunting in difficult ground is invaluable.

The MXT is a very powerful detector, and I wouldn't be without it now.
The book will take you to another level.

GD

Hi Pete,
I've had two GoldMaster. whites have excellent metal detectors! The MXT is excellent detector for prospecting for nuggets Also
good luck mate

Latest posts