Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
silver said:
Does Aldi have a head office,.... yep, somewhere AR.
This is what I found on a web surf(small wave)
Aldi Australia Customer Service 13 25 34
Aldi Phone Number 13 25 34

:D
If I was Guao I'd shout some brazillian hoorah! :lol: ..where has he gone btw.. 8) back on subject..ill ring em up see if they have one

it will pick up big nuggets Myazma

Walking over them is the hard part, but it is fun trying. Enjoy.

Myazma said:
So I'm going to take the Aldi out for a swing at Ophir tomorrow morning (sh$/(ts and giggles), and was wondering has anyone actually found gold other than park/beach finds with theirs?
Need someone to at least try an air test with some pickers or nuggets, but from the posts about the detector, even if its a relic and coin shooter, its still a great cheap one I recon and I've been interested since everyone's been posting about them

But if they pick up gold rings I recon it should pickup gold. My older vlfs don't pickup gold even 3g, and certainly not gold rings as I embarrasslingly found out while trying to help find a wedding ring..

I had great faith it will find big nugs, it finds half nails and other small bits, and some large bits of iron down a foot. Only found a tyre lead, nail, bits of iron sheeting and fencing wire today. Right area as there are heaps of unfilled and filled holes and juicy looking perched cobble.

Just wondering who is going to buy an Aldi detector on Wednesday? I am going to see if I can get one in Goulburn.Judging by people's opinions on here, you can't go wrong for $100.

Ha, had the same thoughts when I saw it. Probably more of a relic hunter to keep both adults and children happy.

Having said that You will probably strike the largest kg sized nugget in the last twenty years with that!

Stranger things have happened! :p

Don't think I would entertain the idea of using the Aldi on the goldfields without some form of ground balancing. You could fluke it in the quieter areas, though not ideal.

I did hear of someone finding a 1oz nugget up in FNQ with an aldi. They really are not suited to the goldfields but hey always worth a shot with it.

You've got a SD2100 which would be much better than the Aldi in most goldfield situations. A good discriminating mid-high range VLF can be useful for the goldfields but the Aldi wouldn't be most people's choice.
There was some good gold found with lesser machines in the eighties etc. but on most accessible fields there was a lot more gold too. The introduction of the SD2000 is what really opened the fields up & increased finds substantially. Personally I'd stick to learning the SD2100 before worrying about entertaining the Aldi as a gold detector.

mbasko said:
You've got a SD2100 which would be much better than the Aldi in most goldfield situations. A good discriminating mid-high range VLF can be useful for the goldfields but the Aldi wouldn't be most people's choice.
There was some good gold found with lesser machines in the eighties etc. but on most accessible fields there was a lot more gold too. The introduction of the SD2000 is what really opened the fields up & increased finds substantially. Personally I'd stick to learning the SD2100 before worrying about entertaining the Aldi as a gold detector.

yeah mate I will be sticking to my sd2100. I just wanted to ask if anyone found any. I was just curious that's all.
thanx for the tips anyway

Anybody got any of these left at all?

I'm in Brisbane and willing to pay postage for one that is Brand New In a Box.

Thanks!

nacho said:
Anybody got any of these left at all?

I'm in Brisbane and willing to pay postage for one that is Brand New In a Box.

Thanks!

Might also pay to post this in the "Wanted to buy" section, might get a few more views. ;)

Latest posts