Bathurst NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know the names and locations of creeks and streams that have gold or gold was discovered by a friend or you for that matter? I've never been out of sydney but I am ready to explore and have packed my bags ready to see where it takes me. Sometimes you needa get lost to find the real motherload, after all it isnt going to be in your back yard or on the street for that matter.

Hi guy,s special thank's to wal and liz for introducing to me this wonderful website.

I have been looking at some of the post's on this website and I must say well done to you all for teaching us noobies the way of prospecting.

I decided to take the teenagers out for some prospecting (away from games and cell phones etc etc) I think they will learn a lot from this adventure. The misses did not come with us (she hates the idea of getting her shoes dirty, I think..) haha. We are here for 10 day's and our hotel is right in the middle of bathurst. The kid's and I have panning equipment, however.. We have no idea where to go, if you guy's can maybe give me a direction on google map or something where gold mind be found that would be great.

Something to take back home would be nice. :)

A lot of the guys here go to Coles Bridge on Turondale Rd, about an hour from Bathurst. There are a few other places some local members may be able to help you with. Most pics of Turon gold on here look very nice. Have a search on here for crevicing, should be some info on it.

I would definately head out to Hill End for at least one day. There are a lot of interesting things to check out including the village itself + history hill etc. http://www.historyhill.com.au/
Just use Google maps but I believe Peel Rd via Hill End Rd (bit over an hour with approx. 12km unsealed road) might be the easiest option but you can also go Turondale Rd via Hill End Rd which is apparently all sealed but haven't been that way myself.
A very experienced gent out there by the name of Ted Abbot does gold panning tours at very reasonable rates & from what I have heard he will teach you a heap. Book direct with Ted Abbott - Phone 02 - 6337 8251
There are also a lot of other former goldfield villages closeby such as Wattle Flat, Sofala, Sunny Corner etc. but for panning Sofala would be a good option as there are numerous places along the Turon River you can access & try your luck. If you do the tour with Ted first you will have a better idea of how & where.

http://www.visitbathurst.com.au/villages

Anybody swung near Bathurst? Will be there for a few days work & am wondering if there is any places worth a swing
thanks bill

can anyone help me with finding St. Anthonys Creek, Hard Gully, Clarks Hill, Clear Creek, Winburndale Creek, Wisemans Creek. in the Bathurst area.

Pretty sure Winburndale Creek is on the Turondale Rd. But I don't know where any of the other creeks/gullys are.
It is one of these creks.
1451762233_image.jpeg
:)

Mate did a quick google search an came up with a winery called Winburndale thats on St Anthony Creek Road Bathurst.
Looking on six maps a number of other creeks come up as well in the area. Hope that helps
:eek:

nucopia said:
Mate did a quick google search an came up with a winery called Winburndale thats on St Anthony Creek Road Bathurst.
Looking on six maps a number of other creeks come up as well in the area. Hope that helps
:eek:

cheers mate. the last link that was posted is an awesome help. it shows all the old mines around Bathurst. everyone should check it out.

Winburndale Rivulet is about 90% private property. The other 10% is in the Winburndale Nature Reserve which is offlimts for fossicking. Read up on Michells Creek at Sunny Corner (watch out for snakes though as I've seen Tigers there) or go up to the Turon or Hill End at Tambaroora Creek if you're looking for somewhere to pan.

Most of the places you mentioned are on private property.

Tuena is not that for from Bathurst either. Few other spots around Oberon too, you'll have to research that though, tourist info centre website is a good place to statrt. ;)

Heatho said:
Winburndale Rivulet is about 90% private property. The other 10% is in the Winburndale Nature Reserve which is offlimts for fossicking. Read up on Michells Creek at Sunny Corner or go up to the Turon or Hill End at Tambaroora Creek if you're looking for somewhere to pan.

Tuena is not that for from Bathurst either. Few other spots around Oberon too, you'll have to research that though, tourist info centre website is a good place to statrt. ;)

yeah I pan at winburndale riverlet a few times. and coles bridge on the turon.
the reason I asked is on the google map site that shows fossicking/prospecting areas in nsw give all those locations for Bathurst. I just wanted to find out exactly where they are.

AussieGamer_Ben said:
Heatho said:
Winburndale Rivulet is about 90% private property. The other 10% is in the Winburndale Nature Reserve which is offlimts for fossicking. Read up on Michells Creek at Sunny Corner or go up to the Turon or Hill End at Tambaroora Creek if you're looking for somewhere to pan.

yeah I pan at winburndale riverlet a few times. and coles bridge on the turon.
the reason I asked is on the google map site that shows fossicking/prospecting areas in nsw give all those locations for Bathurst. I just wanted to find out exactly where they are.

No worries mate. Should be able to find most of those spot on the sixmaps page.

Latest posts