Aldi Detector on sale Wednesday 30th December.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomRat said:
Numpty and I discovered a flaw that happened unexpectedly. When in disc and notch..the aldi didn't want to work temporarily for about 5 mins. I don't know why but it fixed itself up in the end and we were able to swing it fine. I think I got a 1c and a spoon with the aldi

mine doesn't seem to work for abit either wile in disc and notch. do u just persevere with it

I only use all metal or disc\notch as I find notch fairly useless so far.
Notch seems to reject too much or just stops working for short periods of time

gotta get me one.. don't see them at our local aldie shop but.. any one selling a unit??? keen as.. :)

You can ring the Aldi head office and see if there are any left in shops in your area, but there is nothing really special about them - just a standard Chinese detector - the Jaycar QP-2307 is basically the same thing internally, as far as I can see. Just the Aldi is cheaper and you can return it no hassle. Need to use a pinpointer too - hard to zero in on a target.

theluckyone said:
is nothing really special about them - just a standard Chinese detector - the Jaycar QP-2307 is basically the same thing internally, as far as I can see. Just the Aldi is cheaper and you can return it no hassle. Need to use a pinpointer too - hard to zero in on a target.

First thing I bought was a garret pin pointer as once you use 1its almost a must have

After using my brother's garret at pro over Christmas I know the aldi is lacking in a lot of areas but at a tenth of the price it's easy to live with its shortfalls

Yeah, I haven't got a pinpointer, so I end up digging a huge crater, just to find a broken off piece of pull tab! The Aldi seems to detect with the edge of the coil as well as the center, so small things are hard to find in all the dirt. Other than that, it's great.

Definitely need a pinpointer to prevent digging craters, even if it is a cheapy - you will wonder how the heck you managed to live without it once you start using one. Though in the scheme of things, the pinpointer will be a more expensive piece of kit than the detector itself.

The deteknix x-pointer is about as cheap as you will get for a pinpointer purchased within Australia, or you can get a Nokta RS pinpointer direct from Turkey pretty cheap. Just make an offer on ebay around the $130au mark for one, and see if they will accept it (bought mine fro around that price). Whilst they are not the most well built pinpointers in the world, in operation they are very good.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nokta-Rs...131250?hash=item2c722d4832:g:yXsAAOxy4M5R~OgQ

Status
Not open for further replies.