Faceting lessons in 2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been getting a lot of calls for faceting lessons and I now have two Gemmasta faceting machines to teach on. I will be teaching on Saturdays 9am to 1pm and
2pm - 6pm. you will get the benefit of 37 years experience and using the latest laps and polishing compounds to make faceting an easy and rewarding hobby and even a means of earning income. Lessons are $25.00 per hour for the 4 hour session. Contact me by PM with a reply phone number. Im located in Fairfield area of Sydney.

Regards Anthony

Guys, if you want a good professional teacher, Anthony is the man.
Some do that as a hobby, some are professional cutters, Anthony is in the second category, which is interesting because he has a different approach than the traditional hobbyist you usually see in the lapidary clubs.

That is great news Anthony

Heading to Glen Innes now to find some stones and will be in touch in the new year.

:D

Wish I was not so far away.... Getting to Wollongong has been challenging enough recently with all the road works :mad:
May have to try an figure something out.

Im ready to start.
First class will commence on Saturday 16th January
First class 9am start so get here 15mins early for a brew and browse finishing at 1pm
Second class will be at 2pm so 1.45pm arrival 6pm finish.
The machines are gemmasta GF2 and GF4 one is older style the other more recent. If you already have a machine bring your laps and finished stones. If you have a GF2-3,or a GF4-5 bring your head to use on my base. I will run a class later for those who want to work on there machine only. I will have laps and dops for sale soon as well.

Call me to book on 0417555128 or email me on [email protected]

Regards Anthony

Well the first class went well and a lot was learnt and unlearnt. The feedback during class was positive and all will be back next week.
we started with rough selection and cleavage positioning. next was dopping with wax(no resin in my classes) all old school done right.
then pre-forming and how to make a perfect culet point every time. Next was making perfect height set of girdle facets.
next week is polishing week and I have a few suprises for the students.
The most important lesson was not to put the coffee spoon in the sugar bowl I know where the wally from wally69 comes from.

I want to run a Wednesday afternoon followed by an evening class. Call or email your interest.

Regards Tony

rough2cut said:
Well the first class went well and a lot was learnt and unlearnt. The feedback during class was positive and all will be back next week.
we started with rough selection and cleavage positioning. next was dopping with wax(no resin in my classes) all old school done right.
then pre-forming and how to make a perfect culet point every time. Next was making perfect height set of girdle facets.
next week is polishing week and I have a few suprises for the students.
The most important lesson was not to put the coffee spoon in the sugar bowl I know where the wally from wally69 comes from.

I want to run a Wednesday afternoon followed by an evening class. Call or email your interest.

Regards Tony

That's right mate, you should always lick the spoon first after using it for coffee before putting it in the suger bowl. :)

Latest posts