NSW STATE FORESTS FOSSICKING PERMIT - VERY EASY TO APPLY

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant. The Fossicking maps resource is great too, when matched with geological maps and then a quick glance at Doug Stone's as a starting point. Thanks for the heads-up, Gold689!

Red

So the post of this title would be better if it said "Selected forestry areas across NSW fossicking permit". For all private land, permission has to be sought. For public land, councils. etc.

Hi all,
Still new here.
I just need a qualification on the attached mapping, assuming I have a State Forrest license for fossicking.

fcnsw.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=db08e563e1b6403fabde1ce901389fa2

You will see there are mineral titles (hashed areas) over State Forest areas (green) and Fossicking District (pinkish).
The map says "Minerals Title, permission required outside of fossicking district".

Does this mean you DO NOT need permission from the owner of the title if you are with the "fossicking district" and if so, is this the same if you are in a State Forrest area with overlapping mineral title?

I am also curious how a mineral title can be over a State Forrest area.

Cheers Michael

Your Link isn't working... try again...

Going by what you have said tho, In a Fossicking District, You Don't need Leaseholders Permission if it is an EL... Exploration Lease. This Law ONLY applies to 'EL' Leases.. Any other type of Lease, you need Permission......... If its also in a State Forest and their Maps says yes, then all you would need is a State Forest Fossicking Permit.....

LW....

Latest posts