numpty's finds with an old coinmaster 5000D

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice 1 Numpty congrats on popping the cherry, now grid that spot fast before others get ideas ;) :D

thanks fella's, yeah its a big bugger silver but im enjoying using it, it has crossed my mind to get something better but this was my uncles first detector and though i'd like to use it for sentimental reasons.

found with the 5000 AR.

numpty said:
thanks fella's, yeah its a big bugger silver but im enjoying using it, it has crossed my mind to get something better but this was my uncles first detector and though i'd like to use it for sentimental reasons.

found with the 5000 AR.
I learnt on the same model numpty,.... back in the 70's. :D

silver said:
numpty said:

found with the 5000 AR.

cool silver 8)...... so im a little behind in the tec dept then! lol.

i did notice if i crank the ground balance up it seems to punch a little deeper?.

They are still a great detector numpty, I have a boxfull of coins from when mine was running

Play with all the settings mate, mine had some real random stuff going on to get some missed signals

AtomRat said:
Awesome mate :D was there any indication of different tone / signal before you knew it was a silver?

was a quick sharp bip so was hoping for a coin.

im still checking most signals but starting to leave the long sounds as they seem to be cans or lumps of crap.

numpty said:
silver said:
numpty said:

found with the 5000 AR.

cool silver 8)...... so im a little behind in the tec dept then! lol.

i did notice if i crank the ground balance up it seems to punch a little deeper?.
Make sure you read this from start to finish numpty ,.... wasn't until I did that myself that I really had that machine under my control. ;) :D
http://www.whiteselectronics.com/me...c/m/cm_5000_d_geb_tr_d_instruction_manual.pdf

Congratulations on your first predec. You will surprised to find that the rams head shilling isn't always the easiest coin to find, certainly took me a while to latch onto one when first starting out detecting. :)

thanks Goldpick, i was pretty happy when it came out.

i would hate to think how many things i have dug up before i got it though :)

My first ever silver was a florin with the Tesoro Vaquero, nil research, no idea what to expect, just happened to be in the right place at the right time. The predecs started to flow once I had an idea of what depths to expect predecs at, and what the detector was telling me. :)

noooooooooooooo stay away from the acid 8.( , just put it in olive oil for as long as it takes 1day to 4 weeks you will be happy :D

Edit: You Numpty :lol: :lol: :lol:

2nd edit hope it wasnt a 1930 penny :eek:

lol yeah i know i shouldnt but i thought its not that great looking, its flaking on the edges.

olive oil?, ok thanks for the tip, will make sure i give it a try next time :) .

its a 1948 and i think its been there since about 1949 by the looks of it :D .

help please members, im looking to upgrade and buy a coin detector new or used, im not sure what i want and am happy to hear peoples opinions.

budget around $400-$600.

i will be hunting for coins, rings, relics. not looking for a gold detector just yet im having too much fun coin hunting.

all feedback welcome, good or bad.

i have enjoyed using the old coinmaster 5000D but its going to be a wall hanger.

thanks......Andy