Finders keepers, losers weepers?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
money is just like any other thing you find, legally you must hand it in to the police. Reckon the police would shoo you away, trying to hand in a bucket of goldies, that you collected from all over the place. Stash of modern coins, or notes would make sense to hand in, in that they could be connected, even traceable to a crime.

Ramjet said:
If you hand something into the police and it's not claimed in 90 days, it's yours. Make sure you get e receipt for any item handed in.

its been 4 years and I still didn't get the nokia phone off them lol
I think just quietly someone from there took it home because I did wait the 90 days and nobody had claimed it by then.

Hunting the yellow said:
Ramjet said:
If you hand something into the police and it's not claimed in 90 days, it's yours. Make sure you get e receipt for any item handed in.

its been 4 years and I still didn't get the nokia phone off them lol
I think just quietly someone from there took it home because I did wait the 90 days and nobody had claimed it by then.

Tales around say it's not yhe first time. ;)

If we took that to enth degree I might put a claim in for all my loose change I've no doubt dropped in various states of mind.
At least these days I can go back and pick it up.... :p
HTY I feel for you mate but take heart I used to work in a liquor outlet of a big chain and picked up countless amounts of cash from the floor, sneaky office staff noted their names in the book and collected on my honesty. Stopped picking it up after I found out about this internal scam and instead just kept pointing it out to customers if I happened on a note which they dutifully spent every time. Still get upset thinking about it.

$2. coins ??

Copper in blue turns up ...

"Sir, I've had a complaint from a passer-by, that you are finding coins here in the park".

Me: "Actually, I was here on the weekend, and my kids lost 4-5 coins out of their pockets, so I'm looking for them now".

Copper: "Fair enough. Have a good day then. Good luck".

How would you be if you were a professional / semi-professional outfit, having invested a million or more into a 'salvage' op off the coast of Spain ( or there-abouts ).

You've brought up some 1,000+ gold coins ( the real stuff ), with a combined value of say, $10,000,000.

Somehow, the Spanish Govt. gets notified.

How much do you get ? A % ? A 'reward' ?

Nup. NOTHING !!!! Absolutely EVERYTHING that was 'once' the property of Spain, REMAINS the property of Spain ( even centuries later !! ).

Has actually happened a few times during past fifty years or so ....

No doubt the lawyers have a hand in writing the law and anybody who's had much to do with legal matters will know how much we can trust the average lawyer :awful:

Latest posts