Which One? Blue Bowl Or Gold Wheel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baldy said:
Unfortunately the phones with an aerial Jack are gone..a bit like the brick mobile..I do like the way you beefed up your pick in the tip department ..was looking at a disc just yesterday ,thought I might make a spare pick ,but thought it would be a bit thin in the tip..now we can overcome that with your solution.cheers for that..

Baldy,
You can still buy mobiles with aerial jacks.
Pointy tip of pick, only weld the triangle bits down the sides, not across the back.

Cheers & Happy New Year

Sorry, a bit off topic.
Here's the pick I have-pretty solid for a Fleabay cheapie ($19.99)
1451558282_mini_pick_mattock.jpg

Listed as Mini pick mattock. I recessed/araldited a neo-dymium into the handle head.
My other tool of choice for loose stuff- note the row of neo-dymiums.
1451559473_camera_421.jpg

Nightjar said:
Hi Ben, Yes a few hours on projects at home saves you big $$'s. Most material can be either picked up on "verge pickup days" or from scrap dealers.
Not only that most times they are more sturdy, reliable & work better than a bought one.

Good luck, which ever way you go.

Hey Nightjar,
Sorry I cant post links so had to delete your links. (10 Posts)
Do you make highbankers? :/ Im looking to get a highbanker. I was going to get the Prospecting Supplies Australia one it's $420 incl shipping. :)
Just Wondering? :/

Thanks,
Benny :)

It really does depend on the size of the gold.
The blue bowl is good on -50 mesh, where the gold wheel is good on the +50 mesh.
I'm not saying that the gold wheel won't pick up the -50 mesh gold, but it does miss a bit of the fine gold.
I have used both.
And you MUST screen your concentrates to size specific for the bluebowl.
You will get a much better results if you screen it down for the gold wheel as well.
I now use the desert fox gold wheel.
A lot cheeper too.
And on the -50 and 100 mesh i run it on the miller table.
Bluebowl is just to slow.
Hope this helps you out a little.
Cheers Kane

Latest posts