GPA 1000 Version 2013 - Could this be the ultimate in gold detecting?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The GPA 1000 is a professionally built ground scanner, which is developed and produced in our company KTS-Elektronik in Germany. With a maximum search performance of 15 meters the GPA 1000 outnumbers by far other gold and metal detectors with their obsolete technology and their limited search performance.

The GPA 1000 with its outstanding search performance, high power sensors, microprocessor-controlled geomagnetic field balance and detailed analysis software stands for a search system, which is state-of-the-art.
33omwdw.jpg

2r38cxi.jpg

dpu4ug.jpg

2q319x5.jpg

2e1yd5t.jpg

Source http://kts-electronic.com/content/view/39/161/lang,en/

Any detector that can realy go fifteen foot deep in our mineralized ground. The company would be mad if they didn't go get the gold themselves first.
When I see this in action then I'll believe it. The other thing they don't say is how big the object is that it can detect at 15ft. could be a shipping container.
Don't get me wrong I would one of the first to buy if it was true, but it's just to hard to believe.

Pete_The_Prospector said:
So this thing goes 15 metres deep :O
Mmmm anyone want to carry my pick for me :D

As long as you dig no worries..

Pretty serious toy. Do they mention a price range?

How effective do you feel ground analysis would be. The stuff I have seen requires a lot of intrupration you'd couldn't be affective on small pieces you'd basically end up looking for a gound type and dig that. Though I'd imagine a " Welcome stranger" size nugget will show up quite eaisly, enough to keep your motivation high as you dig down 15ft anyway.

Getting extra depth out of a VLF, multifrequency, or PI machine is very difficult, because these machines follow an inverse 6th power law relationship between signal voltage and depth. If everything else is maintained equal, doubling the depth requires 64 times as much signal. If this is done by increasing transmitter power, doubling depth requires 4,096 times as much battery drain. Thats the basic reason why depth increases come so slowly in this industry.

from the engineers that build detectors, this must have good batteries

Or maybe we just haven't read the fine print. Whilst it may detect an object at 15ft, what is the object. My question is this object a B52 plane 8) or something that size. I would think a GPX5000 or for that matter a SD2100 would proble detect that deep too :) .
I seriously have my doubts about this rumer as it's been around for more than 12 months.
Whilst I am not saying it's impossable I think if it was true even if they cost 40,000 :eek: we would of seen quite a few in the Goldfields by now.

Latest posts