Fisher F5 Pin Pointer on Control Box Not Working

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sadly turned F5 on yesterday went to use pinpointer button on control box and nothing?I have used this machine solid for last month and has never missed a beat till yesterday.I removed batteries,unscrewed lead and plugged back in still nothing.I contacted local Fisher Dealer in Singleton he gave me a number of someone in Melbourne .Can anyone help with some one closer (I live in Maitland)as I will be paying out of my own pocket.?Apparently it has a 5yr warranty,previous owners had no box accept a Coffee stained manual with 2012 stamped on it.The control panel has no screws the face plate has to be removed and replaced to gain access.This machine is in excellent condition and always well looked after,little disappointed after short time of use.It has not stopped me from using it ,I now use hand pin pointer and use coil to locate.Would like it fixed though ASAP does anyone know of anyone local that could help.Thankyou Jason

Maybe try Ian Gardiner Detectors in Singleton to see if they can help you out.

Ian Gardiner Detectors
10 Gipp St Singleton NSW 2330
Phone: (02) 6571 1560
Mobile: 0402 027 860

Yes have done local dealer .Ian gave me number for a fellow in Melbourne.Just thought I could get someone near me closer .Thanks

I gather Melbourne is where Fisher have all of their servicing/ warranty repairs done, hence you may have no choice but to deal solely with them - especially if Ian has already indicated as such. Garrett are pretty much the same, all repairs and warranty claims done out of one location (Gold Coast), everyone else is just a dealer/reseller.

Have you rang the Melbourne contact to see if this is the case? :)

Yes I have spoken to Melbourne .I contacted Fisher/Teknetics Australia through Facebook.I than received a email from Tim Mallory Vice President Sales and Marketing.Tim forwarded email to Wendy Arvidson who said we would like to help me with repair,and to contact Technician John who I spoke to at Melbourne.Approx 2-3week turnaround(Christmas) around $50 to repair plus cost to send.All were very helpful Goldpick.You wouldn't believe it though, removed batteries to locate serial number,re -installed and Pin -Pointer started working!!! very happy.So will leave for now.If it does it again will send away.Thankyou for your help.Jason

Latest posts