Gold ore crushing & sampling video

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prospector B said:
Wow jethro, that's a great setup! It makes my dolly pot look redundant! Do you find you get more gold with the first crushing through the flail mill or the rod mill? Thanks for sharing.

G,day PB I think the yeild is probably about 60/ 40 in favor of the fines from the first crushing from the flail mill when i work on oxidized ore.

What I have found is that the gold contained within the limonite ironstone veining that occurs alongside solid quartz vein is finer than the gold contained in the quartz itself.

In the area I prospect lodes in close association with Diorite dykes are also important host for gold. The ones i have tested so far do not seem to have as much sulphide or oxide minerals in them & the gold tends to be a bit larger relatively speaking. still not as big as alluvial gold in the same area.

Thanks jethro, that's some great info there. I was thinking the split would have been closer to 80/20 but at those ratios above it's certainly worth the time to recover the gold. Well done!

Latest posts