Whites TDI - Dead or Alive?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Was looking at a new coil today and stumbled on this.

1439857479_image.jpg

Its on more than one site.

Dean at GoldSearch Australia just confirmed to me that that is the case. However, White's will be continuing to make the TDI Pro Oz and the SL for the Oz market.

Apparently they don't sell well in the US.

Cheers for the confirmation Sunrise.

The TDI SL is also good price if you want to get it direct from the States.

GD

Well I sent Whites A Message In The US so I am waiting to see what Their Spin On This Is, I Hope they Don't Stop Making Them,
But If They Are Still making them For OZ Then They Are Still A Current Model, So That's Cool, Aye.

John

Hard to believe they would keep the TDI in production just for Australia. maybe use up some old stock, but the USA market would be much bigger I would have thought.

Maybe there is a new model coming???? Or the SPP and SL are what people want.

Gold Diver said:
Hard to believe they would keep the TDI in production just for Australia. maybe use up some old stock, but the USA market would be much bigger I would have thought.

Maybe there is a new model coming???? Or the SPP and SL are what people want.

Well I Don't Know anything Yet but fingers crossed, They are All Great Machines if you want to ID Metals At Full Depth, Which makes them Great For Relics and Hunting In Old Mining Camps ETC.

So Good things to come either way, Aye.

John

Hope they don't stop making the TDI Pro Oz, I wouldn't mind one of them, just have to find some gold with the SPP to pay for one first,haha.

ozziii said:
Hope they don't stop making the TDI Pro Oz, I wouldn't mind one of them, just have to find some gold with the SPP to pay for one first,haha.

Well You Got the Gear to find It, So Fingers Crossed.

Yes thats true RR, just wish I could get out more, over all this rain, but tomorrow & Thursday is looking good so far so will be heading to a new area for a look, was meant to be Alluvial gold there so might get lucky.

ozziii said:

No I Think the future Is Safe :D :D :cool:

Sorry I am Late in Posting this, But The whole story is being fuelled by who ever at GS, and was more likely to be behind their ruthless price rise, As was pointed out to me this passed week that the TDI Pro has now gone from $2650.00 to a Massive $3300.00 AUD,

There is NO Excuse for it, It Is Just Greed, It is not because of the weakness of the Aussie Dollar because that has only changed by a Couple of cents In The Past 4 Months, Or Import Duty, This is just a Lie To push people in to panic buying, And to Try and Stop Any of you from Buying Overseas. AGAIN, The Whole Thing Is A Lie.

In the UK we pay a lot more than we do in OZ, Because Once an Item lands here there is another Postage Handling fee Applied and then 25% VAT (value added Tax) added on to the postage that is paid in the US and again when it Gets here and the original cost of the machine and that is when the 25% is finally added to the overall costs

I have an Email from Whites marketing Manager Stating this is NOT True, About Whites ceasing Production of the TDI Pro.

Again sorry for being Late with this,, John

QUOTE:-Dear John

White's TDI Pro, TDI Pro Australian, and TDI SL, are still in production. White's plans to continue building the TDI line indefinitely. No plans to discontinue anytime in the foreseeable future.

Ridge Runner said:
Sorry I am Late in Posting this, But The whole story is being fuelled by who ever at GS, and was more likely to be behind their ruthless price rise, As was pointed out to me this passed week that the TDI Pro has now gone from $2650.00 to a Massive $3300.00 AUD,

There is NO Excuse for it, It Is Just Greed, It is not because of the weakness of the Aussie Dollar because that has only changed by a Couple of cents In The Past 4 Months, Or Import Duty, This is just a Lie To push people in to panic buying, And to Try and Stop Any of you from Buying Overseas. AGAIN, The Whole Thing Is A Lie.
If this is correct then GSA has dropped down a notch in my opinion of them. Always seemed to be very good operators there & above that type of thing?

mbasko said:
Ridge Runner said:

If this is correct then GSA has dropped down a notch in my opinion of them. Always seemed to be very good operators there & above that type of thing?

As you know I have done my best to give them ( GS ) a Fair Crack of the Whip, But after this I am Done with that, As you know I paid At the Current exchange Rate 1170.00 and I asked my dealers to double check on that before I ordered it and they called back and said 1170.00 which is $2505.959 at todays price and the US price has not changed in the last 18 months that I have been watching them in AWE and it still Costs $1799.95 USD Today, In Fact the US price has not Changed since early 2011, See that Link.
http://www.whiteselectronics.com/tdipro

US Price = $1799.95 divide by the = 1.5235 = 1181.379 sterling, x that by the Aussie Dollar rate @ 2.1434 = $2532.1690 AUD or Without the messing about 1170.00 X 2.1434 = $2505.959c AUD. Oh yes and that was with FREE Next day Delivery and it was here by Lunchtime. :D :D :D

So that's over 800.00 more than it should cost, Where as I am paying Full US retail which is bad enough I am more than happy to because I have the machine I have always wanted because of the conditions here,

It was OK at $2650.00 allowing for DUTY etc, But to Rip Aussies off with for an Extra $650.00 is just plain Nasty, But to spread those Lies On that Page is just plain wrong, And Here's another bit of info for ya Some members here have sold off all their detectors so they could buy this new wonder machine that GS claimed Whites was coming out with back in September which No one has seen hide nor hair of, Is there One ,, Maybe,, do I know anything,, NO Not A Word and I was Told that by the powers that Be, Is there a chance of something in the Future It is Possible,

I don't know who the Dealer is in the US who posted that on Amazon but that is not True and GS are Wrong In Confirming this to be So when The Email I have says that Whites has No Intensions of ceasing production of the TDI Pro Because I ordered mine in mid to late August and It was Ordered Special Order for me By Whites UK Via my Dealers as it is not part of Whites Product Range for the UK and it is the First Legally Factory Backed TDI Pro Bought in to the UK and it was in my hands On the 10th of September this year.

John

The SPP price is now over $1800 at GSA, that went up not long back.
I spoke to a bloke who just got a new SPP delivered from them a few days back, he paid around $1485 I think it was, don't think he got the standard 12", but he got a MJ 7x11 folded mono, the coil cost him $345, Brian sells the same coil for $219 including postage.
I got a price list when I got the SPP from GSA, while the detector prices were ok at the time, the prices for everything else were pretty high, much higher than other places.

I sent an email to GS suggesting the price gouging (in my opinion) was just over the top. I don't want to do business with people into that crap.

A little birdie on a wire from the US, (very close to a famous designer and seller of Whites machines), reliably informs me that Whites are saddling up to change their method of doing business here in Oz and the way they sell their machines.

This'll be interesting.

No competition with the Whites detectors here so they can put whatever price they want on them, but don't they realise higher pricing just drives the customers away. $345 for that MJ coil is just way over the top, the bloke that purchased the one above I mentioned didn't seem happy that he paid over $120 more than he should have.

They should have Brian selling them, he already sells the coils made for them & from what I understand does testing so he would be the best choice I think.

ozziii said:
The SPP price is now over $1800 at GSA, that went up not long back.
I spoke to a bloke who just got a new SPP delivered from them a few days back, he paid around $1485 I think it was, don't think he got the standard 12", but he got a MJ 7x11 folded mono, the coil cost him $345, Brian sells the same coil for $219 including postage.
I got a price list when I got the SPP from GSA, while the detector prices were ok at the time, the prices for everything else were pretty high, much higher than other places.

Is that 219.00 AUD Because on the MJ US web site The 7x11 Folded mono costs 219.99 USD,

The Whole Concept of the SPP was to produce a PI machine that costs below a $1000 USD so really it should not be sold for any more than about $1300 AUD, and anyone who does otherwise is wrong and it was marketed with 2 coils 1X12" and 1X6" Coil and the Cost was $995.00, plus what ever the Aussie Dollar is doing

My MXT All Pro with the 10" coil cost 545.00 X 2.1434 = $1168.153 AUD NOT $1650.00 AUD

US Price $899.95 USD = 590.712 Sterling X 2,1434 AUD = $1266.132AUD At The Most, And these are the Factory List prices, See here, http://www.whiteselectronics.com/mxt-all-pro-configurable

Either way GS are bang out of order And they need to re think their Business Ethics, But to Put the Price of the TDI Pro up to $3300.00 when Minelab has just released the 4500 is committing Suicide because the TDI is a Brilliant Machine but it is for Prospecting and extreme multi tasking and Anyone in Australia who is Only after the Gold you can Guess which machine they are Going to Buy,

And another thing, I have not gone out on a limb to show people how good Whites are just so GS can use my efforts to rip people off. My Advise is to go else where as in Order from over seas etc.

The TDI SL has not gone up on GSA's pages in the last few months for some reason so they seem to have put up the favourite models,
They charge $2395 for the SL, I paid 800.00 X2.1434 = $1714.72 AUD for my SL. and the UK List price is still 995.00 and has been for at leased 2 years, But they don't sell for that, Which equals $2132.68c AUD

Mr Mod, you may want to vet this.
------------------------------------------

I complained bittlerly to GS about the incredible jump in the Oz Pro price because I was planning on buying one. Dean was kind enough to spend some time explaining the situation.

Me to Dean: Dear Dean, I noticed you've pushed the price of the Oz Pro to 3300. This is just price gouging at it's Aussie worst. There is absolutely no reason for this. The dollar has only slipped by two cents in the last couple of months so you can't justify that as an excuse. It's just plain greed, Dean! I won't ever call you again for advice or instructions. Besides my contact in Arizona tells me Whites are moving to use a different business model for selling and distributing their detectors in Oz. Watch this space!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dean to me: Robin, Hi.

Sadly the world doesnt revolve around the prices of whites, we live in a world where countries have different dollar values compared to other countries and sadly it effects everyone. The Price of the TDI $3300 actually includes $300 GST. So in theory the TDI is only $3000.

Sadly I have to be the asshole (that you and the entire prospecting forum probably think I am). Everyone expects me to absorb freight costs from America to Australia, pay import duty taxes, custom fees and importation GST + GST again when I sell an item, all out of my own pocket, then Its like I have to absorb TDI battery costs and also give a discount when I sell a TDI or any other detector for that fact. It like I am responsible to pay for all these expenses out of my own pocket just to keep good customer relations with you and the rest of Australia. So, Maybe its best to just discontinue the TDI from Australia! Would that make you happy?

Also you talk about greed, how much do you honestly think we would make on a TDI Pro Oz-Series? considering I have to get the TDI battery made locally here in Australia since whites wont send it by plane due to lithium laws and fines, to get it sent by sea would take a few weeks, sadly impatient customers hate waiting! I have looked at shipping container but its too expensive.

Maybe I could just sell the TDI without a Battery to keep the price low as possible for people like yourself. But then people could not use the TDI in Australia without the battery, So I have come to a conclusion.

It might be time that you become the distributor for Australia and then I can send you hate emails when you realise just how much is actually involved, I wish I could buy TDI at very low cost from whites, but sadly no TDI or any other detector for that fact costs $1. (But lets say by chance it did. After exchange its worth $2, with freight added an extra $1, I include a battery with the unit for addition cost of $1, since it doesnt come with battery. I sell it for $5, to try make $1 profit, sadly you and among other people would still complain the price is too high)

So my point being, if whites reduce the price of the TDI Pro and other models, after exchange + freight + importation duty + customs levy fees + Gst and Gst again on resell, I could achieve a cheaper price. But whites wont reduce price, and I have to be that prick, asshole, Petunia, F--- head, Mr. expensive everyone thinks me to be.

Thats fine, If you no longer want to talk to me for advise or instructions etc, I cant honestly expect someone to understand the magnitude of running a business.

Kindest Regards,

Dean Mortimer

Gold Search Australia

Latest posts