VLF Gold master repairs needed help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a sore foot remember <--- ( my excuse )

Looking at it now.. because I could exactly reppace the same potentiometers and used the ones from jcar.. its doesn't really fit in the box anymore either now so ill even have to make a new one now. If I get it working ill make it submersible

I dunno.. its on the table and staying tgere for the night now until tomorrow when I look again. I honestly cannot see a problem. Cant find my multimeter either now and can't check for shorts :rolleyes:

SteelPat said:
If you were in the Geelong area you could bring it to my workshop and we could go over it. I probably have most parts on hand.

Very kind of you to offer, hopefully there's life in the ol girl yet.

Hopefully the costs of replacing everything don't outstrip the cost of purchasing a different 2nd hand unit, all depends on how sentimental the GM is to you Atom.

If you are totally stuck regarding a detector, I can possibly loan you my Ace 250 until you get something sorted at a later date. Shoot me a PM if interested. :)

Goldpick said:
SteelPat said:
If you were in the Geelong area you could bring it to my workshop and we could go over it. I probably have most parts on hand.

Very kind of you to offer, hopefully there's life in the ol girl yet.

Hopefully the costs of replacing everything don't outstrip the cost of purchasing a different 2nd hand unit, all depends on how sentimental the GM is to you Atom.

If you are totally stuck regarding a detector, I can possibly loan you my Ace 250 until you get something sorted at a later date. Shoot me a PM if interested. :)
What a great offer GP and Steelpat,... hat's off to the great guys for that. :D

No probs, better that someone else have use of it vs gathering dust here, I'm sure the iron discrimination will be appreciated. ;)

Latest posts