Sample from outcrop

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1434702891_image.jpg

Hey everyone grabbed this sample from a outcrop on our property after finding that it had been drilled into the cap and had a shot fired but no recorded history of it ever being ran through a government stamp or any stamp and what looks like all the Quartz from the shot is piled in two near little piles ?... Crushed a bit up a few weeks ago and was pleased with the results :)I will crush a bit more tommorow and post a few pics..

Interesting looking bit of quartz there...looks like a breccia with a iron oxide? Chlorite? fill

Flitgold said:
Interesting looking bit of quartz there...looks like a breccia with a iron oxide? Chlorite? fill

Done some reading on exploration reports from close by and the report tells of gold being associated with breccia pipes in the area:) the site is also directly up stream from the old Avoca dredging site which recorded some good yelled when it was in operation... The other thing I'm looking at trying is to get a few samples from the creek about 50meters below this outcrop :)

8.( ...3 months now and still no picks of the crushing...too cold in winter to get out and do it?

I'm a detectorist nugget hunter but would enjoy seeing the results...please?

Gypsy

Thanks for the info. DD...i see a few of these threads on hold awaiting updates after OP's say "Back with some pics".... :(

It helps to keep the bug alive....oh well, hope it worked out for him.

DrDuck said:
Gypsy, OP has not visited since 1 July, so not much hope of an update. I hope they found a rich deposit!
Maybe he struck it rich and has moved to the French Riviera :lol:

Maybe there was a lot of quartz between the golden specks of grain. Because it is iron stained does not mean it will contain what we are looking for. That said there have been a lot of discoveries in the last 10 years by drilling very deep below the original deposit. The high grades of at the top of our famous deposits were due to hot magma rising due to convection, when they go lower the grades decrease to less than 2.0 gm / tonne that is pretty normal these days. I think Cracow Qld is higher grade but much deeper and more expensive to extract.

Just waiting on gold price to increase Maybee in next few years

Latest posts