Anybody want a detecting partner tomorrow? (Vic)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all new to the forum here.
I'm traveling back down to Tassie and I have a day and a bit to kill. Anybody up for a day out somewhere around the golden triangle?
Cheers, Dan

Wait for a reply from there, otherwise we can meet in Maryborough? tomorrow if ya wish...say at the P.O? (you name a time, i'm an early riser)

Cheers
Gypsy

Sounds good. happy to meet there anytime you're ready to go. I'll be up and about around 7 anytime after that
Cheers, Dan

Ok, well if ya don't get any other offers, i will meet ya at the P.O. @ 9:00am (PM me your vehicle details)....and we can go from there...

~EDIT~...Just realized ya need 10 posts before you can do that. Ok, try this...I will wear a Black curved brim hat and will be in a cream Van.

Gypsy

Ok no worries. I just got some accommodation at Maldon so hopefully see you tomorrow. I'll be in a black Mercedes with a ladder on top. If there's any change I'll let you know
Cheers, Dan

:eek: ..you,....you,....you wanna go offroad in a Merc?...I only know of one other bloke to do that, and YEAH, he's eccentric to say the least..

By the way, what detector do you have? Might make a difference on where we go to have a swing...

Gypsy

Hi Neo and thanks for asking...yeah day not too bad at all (weather) with the winds keeping the heat to a minimum.

Sadly Xetal didn't find any color (or I but that is another conversation) but did manage to find what appears to be part of an old (20's or 30's) kids toy that looks like it is a monkey with a swinging arm and holding (something) as if to have a drink from....

His ATX seemed to be stable on the variable ground and he dug some deep targets (used 2x different coils) while I on the other hand continued to suffer the Irish luck... :mad:

Lost a pair of sunglasses off my hat (searched..didn't locate) and blew up my second DETacc in as many weeks.. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope he had fun, and if he's reading this i hope he jumps in with his perspective of the day, as i tried to focus on making sure his short time here was enjoyable....

Cheers

The honorable chaperone :) Spewin bout ya misfortune Gypsy. Glad you found something old at least and hopefully you recover ya sunnies one day.

I didn't find anything, that was Xetal, and "lucky" (ha ha yeah right) the sunny's were only $25 'servo' ones.....not my finest hour lately, and really getting fed up. (in the corner sulking.....it'll pass)

Cheers

Yup...when i'm dead & cold....(it's a lot more than just these issues p!$$ing me off...nuff said.)

Lingering over it all just makes it worse... :mad:

Just need a break from it all i think.... :rolleyes:

:lol: ...I really shouldn't whinge...there's others worse off than I, it would just be nice to have break once in a while to ease the pressures i'm under...no offense meant or taken...i just don't need to add brooding to my list.. :p

Gypsy

I know I got to a point a while back, when I was spending days and days on end walking around for nothing. It was doing my head in 8.( (and still do frequently) :( but that was only due to sweet FA gold and not any external pressures. I said at one point " If I don't start seeing some gold SOON, I'm gunna get back into fishing :) but I found a couple of little nuggets and got my PB nugget and that was enough to shut me up :)
Now I'm trying to convince myself that it might be worth putting up with the summer heat and siting around camp during the hotter parts of the day doing nothing and detecting morning and evening. Instead of enjoying the heat whilst cruzing Lake Eildon with a few Ales on my mates Wakeboard boat :D

Ah, the allure of gold :/
The things we do 8) ???

Thanks for the day out yesterday Gypsy.
Shame we didn't find a little bit of colour - but hey great day nonetheless. Thanks also for some useful information on what to look for. I'm greatful for your sharing of your knowledge.

Latest posts