More finds with the Ctx

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More nice finds Cheese,... I like the printing plate,... nice to read snippets from out of the ground. :)

1443511130_p9290001.jpg

1443511153_p9290003.jpg

1443511168_p9290004.jpg

I have started casting wax figurines from the original cast,
my first go at casting.
I will use the copper I find for the casts I will soon make a furnace for melting the copper.
I found today 3 coins,
I have just about polished me patch, dam as it was fun detecting that paddock.

Hi
I think it is pewter.
The plough has taken the side of the little girl
so I used some plaster for a fix,
and yes she is so nice I will cast her.

Looking forward to seeing a copper one cast from one of those wax ones Cheese(good thinking).
Lets hope there are still a few good bits there in your patch yet(I'm sure we all do). :D

it doesnt get any better, oneday such a site shall come my way :)

edit: and that's my 2000th post, a wish to find a site, with as much awesome relics, as in this fine thread :)

Would be good to see you pull an Adelaide Pound Cheese,... beautiful finds. :p

Doesn't appear to be one of the rarer ones, though still a very nice coin ("9" die number above date). 1893 Jubilee head sixpence is the one to look out for, even for well circulated coins, plus 1854.

Very nice token/medallion on the previous post, always nice to have some info available on a find to allow some further research. :)

Also not very often you see intact fob watches come out of the ground, is it a silver case?

Yes the fob is silver.
The 1915 is a good coin,
After detecting heaps of the same area, and then they
pop out,amazing, and I am using the same settings.
Just goes to show how much I have been missing.

Nice to be able to see the face of a fob watch come up still readable Cheese,... nice 1915 too. :D

Some nice finds there Cheese,....Jewelery looks good,... what dates on the two older Sixpences ? 1910 is a fine looking specimen. :D

Latest posts