Hello from Cairns

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just joined PA and living in the Beautiful Northern Beaches of Cairns. My son (15yrs) and I have just bought our first pans n tools, so pretty excited to get out amongst it camping and enjoying the awesome backyard we live in here in North QLD, and learn as much as possible along the way. Hopefully work up to a detector in the near future as well, when I find out where we can and can't go. For now it's reading as much as possible, and planning for our first trip, a little speck or two would b a bonus for us I think. Hope to meet a few of u up this way in the near future.
Cheers Cliff

When you have got your 10 posts up.
You will be able to see our meetings
We have a coffee meet every month down at the miners den
Normally the first Saturday of the month starting at 9am

Thanks Jaros, yes Ellis is a beautiful spot isn't it. We have it all just at our doorstep, Outback, Rainforest and Reef. I love living and working here. Well maybe not the work thing as much lol.

Ok XIV, cheers mate I'll keep that in mind it sounds great. I didn't think their was a club up here, so it's good to know u have a bit of a get together every month.

G'day CliffG, I hope you enjoy chasing the yella, your in a good area. I see Kane has contacted you, Well done Kane.

Cheers, DD

Jaros said:
Welcome CliffG. Love walking and staying at Ellis Beach up there. Good luck.
Jaros :p

Mate, top spot!!
My wife worked there at the park for many years, we still get invited to their Christmas parties!!!

Welcome Cliff, theres those large Queensland fighting lizards in those waterways up there :eek:

Hi Havinago, lol fighting lizards, there's a lot to watch out for mate. i got into prospecting with my son to get away from my working environment with assaults a regular occurrence at work and just being able to switch off from that environment and enjoy the serenity, so hopefully I won't run into too many fighting lizards out there mate. So much still to learn and read about where I can and can't go, what I can and can't do. Thanks for the heads up anyway, lol

Hey Cliff, Welcome. Sounds like we work in similar places. I live near Cairns. You will love prospecting. I use it as an escape from work when it gets a bit much and of course its a great excuse to go bush. I will PM you when I am able to. Take Care

Gday Cliff,
Welcome to the forum mate, sounds like your already on the right track so well done there.
Research is the best way to get yourself familiar with the history up here, and there is some serious reading material on the subject.
Your right on the money with getting out in the bush to relax too, its always good when theres colour in the pan but better when theres a mate or two as well.
Hope to see you at the next meeting.
TGW

Welcome cliffs. I was born in cairns haven't been back in years oh how I miss the fishing, the drinks, the friends. Had the time of my life growing up around there. Good luck with prospecting PA is a great forum.

Thanks TGW, I hope to make the next meeting too mate, have to see if I'm working or not. Cheers

Chucky Boy yeah I love it here, and I can understand how u would miss it mate. I've worked on some big mining projects down south earning BIG money, but realise it's not all about the money mate, it still comes with its downfalls. To live in such a beautiful place with so much on offer in regards to the backyard we have is awesome. Only regret is I sold my boat a few years ago before I moved here :( Oh well living in shorts all year round and having a cold beer in Tropical North QLD makes up for that I suppose.