Garrett ATX Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Redfin, some of those monster nuggets found in the last 12 months, which give ML the claim that its got the best detector[just lots of people have them] would have been found by machines half as good if the operators had just walked over them. Any machine would have gone into meltdown if it walked over the 177oz monster.

Tassie Daz said:
And Redfin, some of those monster nuggets found in the last 12 months, which give ML the claim that its got the best detector[just lots of people have them] would have been found by machines half as good if the operators had just walked over them. Any machine would have gone into meltdown if it walked over the 177oz monster.

I Love seeing A Novice Score Gold with A New Machine, All Is Good With The World,

John

Before my new ATX gets bent over my knee, anyone got an idea why I just can't get it to ground balance? .
I've tried it in several different places to eliminate interference but it still won't do it, I've read the manual backwards and watched all the videos too. Helppppp !!!

What is happening when you are trying to ground balance? I have used this machine and sometimes it wouldn't ground balance the first time I held in the button.

Release the ground balance button after the first attempt then press and hold it a second time as you pump the coil up and down. Make sure you are in the correct mode as well.

Darwindan said:
Before my new ATX gets bent over my knee, anyone got an idea why I just can't get it to ground balance? .
I've tried it in several different places to eliminate interference but it still won't do it, I've read the manual backwards and watched all the videos too. Helppppp !!!

You are talking about TWO completely different ATX functions. Ground balancing (page 16 in the Owner's Manual), is NOT the same as eliminating interference (see Frequency Scan, page 18 in the Owner's Manual). To do either successfully as a newbie, you need to be outdoors and well away from power lines, phone towers, etc.

If you include your location in your profile, you might even find a local PA member who can help you climb the ATX learning curve. :)

Made a cheat sheet for quicker set up of my ATX.Put all the info on the one page and laminated it.
1443870711_p1050011-optimized.jpg

limpalot,
I saw this in another post and made one up .....
Thanks for that?....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

I had a atx last year I found nothing but trash with it .i think it's a good relic finder but hopeless on gold .i took it out about 10 times and only found trash my mate was using a Minelab and he found some tiny nuggets that the atx couldn't see at all..so I sold the atx and lost a lot of money on it the next week I went and got the new Minelab4500 I found my first piece of gold that same day ...in my opinion I'd stay away from atx

There's probably people out there with those new Z thingies digging just rubbish too ,..... no mayter how much they're wishing for it, that darned gold just won't show under the coil, yet it did for the last people that tried there, hmmpff. :/ ,... :D

Lol yeah mate I would never recommend a ATX anyone..I'm still annoyed at the shop that sold it to me they told me it's as good as a ml5000 shifty - the salesman was .i won't say where I bought it from but I will say it come from a shop in Ballarat.

well im not happy with my atx it seems to be buzzing for not resson at all. used it for over an hour then it buzzing and cant stop it for $4350 garrett you would think could help but seems there here for the cash not the helping people

coinhunter said:
well im not happy with my atx it seems to be buzzing for not resson at all. used it for over an hour then it buzzing and cant stop it for $4350 garrett you would think could help but seems there here for the cash not the helping people
Mine cost 5k with all 3 coils I sold it a month later for 3k ..at the same time Minelab had a special the new gpx4500 was going for 3300 so I got it and I haven't regretted it. It's a awesome machine

Latest posts