Minelab detector service and customer service

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sylar said:
pirateandy you say $200 for upgrades? dose this mean that minelab will mod there own detectors? it would be good if they did as it seems people out there do the mods, void any warranty or repair to the detector and i have seen prices range from $275 up to $1275 (detectormods.com.au) for mods to a GP3500,might be a good mod to have done but all of which leave your minelab worthless in the event of an issue.

The SD2200 came out in a few variants over time.
The "Upgrades" as such bring earlier versions to the latest release.

I have modded my 2200 to have a tracking button on the handle. This was professionally installed. Minelab still "serviced" it.
Any mods to the motherboard as you mentioned and they will not touch it, and your resale value goes out the window.

Anyone know if there were upgrades for the 3500 through minelab ? mines still running sweet but might be worth a service if upgrades are available :/

If its an earlier model it would be a fair bet that there would be at least some minor upgrades available to get it up to spec with later model 3500's. Would depend on whether they changed anything over the life of the model or not. If you give the service dept. a ring they should be able to let you know if it's worthwhile. If it's running sweet I wouldn't sweat on it too much - they are still servicing SD2200's, GP Extremes & GP3000's so it will be a while before the GP3500 becomes obsolete for servicing. If it starts acting up send it in then.
On the other hand it will remove any doubt you may have about performance. When I sent my SD2200D in a technician from Minelab rang me to give me a run down on the upgrades & also how it performed on the test bench afterwards - it was an unexpected call but very good customer service I thought. Once I got it back I knew it was down to me then :D

i sent them an email aswell and yet to get a reply but also emailed Ismael Jones who has confirmed that $275 plus postage he will mode gp 3500 with the 3 switch upgrade so im think yes it may void any chance of repair but it may be a good idea for the future. id just be gutted after spending 2k+ to find that a fault has rared its ugly head And minelab wont touch it. I think that maybe in a year or two when i know the detector inside out and am looking at an upgrade perhaps a mod will be in order. Until then i will invest in a few coils one larger and one smaller than is supplied stock to gain some advantage in the field.

I sent the 2200 off and had it serviced. it was only 2 weeks away and cost 170 dollars including return postage. I gave it a run today for an hour in an area that has been well detected and dug 6 bullets. so that's a good sign that it is firing nice. also noticed that I now get some difference in the sounds it makes over targets. so all in all I think it well worth sending the old girl off for some tlc.

I had a call from bendigo gold last week to advise me that they contacted minelab on my behalf and that minelab were happy to send me the 17inch DD coil that they had on offer after I bought the ctx. Not only am I happy with the customer service from bendigo gold but also extremely happy with minelab and they even hand delivered it to my folks place for me! I can't praise them both enough and highly recommend any one looking to choose a brand and detector store to buy. Thanks guys
45EF00E6-4B6E-44D3-9229-66EF7AE7087A_zpscp4bd2l9.jpg

7E3573F4-88D4-49D3-946F-921C03EA458B_zps4eqiuxvz.jpg

Now that is some pretty incredible service bogan!
Well done bendigo gold and Minelab..

Cheap advertising good will, if only more of the big boys understood that. Glad to see a smile on your dial, its still an excellent gesture on their behalf. Hope it finds you plenty.

Hey all,

After a long absence due to illness, im ready to hit the old hobby once again.

But, when I took my Minelab Eureka Gold out of the cupboard (where it was home for about 2 years) and turned it on, it is giving me constant high pitch pulses.

No matter what mode I put it in it does not change. And ground balancing does not cancel it out either.

So before I take it back to the shop and get bent over the barrel, do metal detectors need to be re-tuned/serviced?

And, is it really worth getting it done? (if Possible)

Cheers in advance.

I had a Eureka Gold new, with <3 weeks use, it began screaming and nothing would shut it up. I was lucky that I had more than 1 coil for it, because it only happened with the 10x5 DD coil.

I live is S.A. it happened whilst I was near Maryborough VIC, so I went to Coiltek Gold Centre, I had to pay for postage, but the coil was sent back to Minelab under warranty where they found a short in the coil's plug. I got it back fixed in about a week. Whilst it was in for repair they lent me another.

So easy check, if you can get another coil or indeed have one and it operates normally, it's the coil, if it happens with any coil it's the detector.

BTW Tiger, no they should not require retuning. If you store a detector for a couple of years, the batteries should be removed, is stored in a reasonable environment and it worked before, it should work after.

condor22 said:
I had a Eureka Gold new, with <3 weeks use, it began screaming and nothing would shut it up. I was lucky that I had more than 1 coil for it, because it only happened with the 10x5 DD coil.

I live is S.A. it happened whilst I was near Maryborough VIC, so I went to Coiltek Gold Centre, I had to pay for postage, but the coil was sent back to Minelab under warranty where they found a short in the coil's plug. I got it back fixed in about a week. Whilst it was in for repair they lent me another.

So easy check, if you can get another coil or indeed have one and it operates normally, it's the coil, if it happens with any coil it's the detector.

Thanks for your reply, I don't think its the coil because i have two coils and it does the same with both. So im guessing its the detector.
I think I will contact minelab for help.

On a side note did you or have you had any luck with your eureka gold?

4 weeks in the GT with the Eureka netted about 1kg of rust, so a few months later I traded it in on a GPX5000 which got me 6 pieces on my next trip.

I'll say no more, lol

Hey all,

Wasn't happy with my GPX5000, being a little too noisy for my liking and having to drop the gains & even go to sensitive smooth in areas a mate with a 5000 can detect fine.

I sent it off to minelab for a service, hoping something was slightly wrong with it.

I had to chase it up after 2 and a half weeks to see what was happining and they said it was sitting there finished and waiting.
Nothing wrong as far as they are concerned, thats fine, maybe its just me.

But the thing that really annoyed me, is that after paying $90 for them to look at it and do nothing,
They didnt even replace the minelab service sticker seal thing at the bottom of the detector.

So now it just looks like the detector has been opened/tampered with.

What would a prospective buyer think if i had a broken service seal?

No good enough I think. That sound fair enough?

Neo__04 said:
But the thing that really annoyed me, is that after paying $90 for them to look at it and do nothing,
They didnt even replace the minelab service sticker seal thing at the bottom of the detector.

Does not sound real professional at all, I would exprct the service sticker to be changed :mad:

Doesnt surprise me at all :rolleyes:
I dont like dumping on people ... Especially when requireing their help, but fair dinkum this is beyond the joke

On the 26th of August i sent off an email to the service dept. in regard to my sovereign fault issues in all metal mode.
On the 7th of Sept i rang to confirm the email address, which was confirmed. I asked to be put through to the service dept and was greeted with an answering machine.
On the 10th i sent another email asking for confirmation that this email address was monitored.
I got a reply on the 14th... 'Yes how can we help you'... So i copied and pasted my original email
I rang again at some point only to get answering machine again , different guy
I have not had any response either by email or return phone call
This morning i sent another email thanking them for their help
1443594921_image.jpg

Latest posts