PORTABLE Rock Crusher (Exspresions fo interest)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1441528863_crusher.jpg
1441528887_crusher_3.jpg
1441528912_crusher_2.jpg

Hi Everyone I am hoping to get a bit of a feel wether this would be worth marketing or not I cant take full credit for the design as I kinda got a piece from here and a piece from there and I have made a small change and added another small outlet tube so water can be used to minimize dust particles but over all I put it together with the plans in my head, it smashes quartz down to a fine powder and as for micron size I really don't know as I have never meshed it though I do get a lot of flour gold from my few test runs and smaller pieces, all that aside it runs with a 16hp motor and a 14 inch barrel chains do wear moderately and just need building back by welding and hardening them overall it works a treat. naturally these are rough pics and in its early days of making and marketed ones would have no sharp corners a cap for the feed Shute and a neater design to fasten the front cover.. anyway tell me what you think is it worth it and how much would you pay for this little beauty .. Regards

GC77, it would be marketable if you don't overprice it.

ie:
16hp engine (Chinese) 310
Steel >100
Bearings & Pulleys >100
bits and pieces >50
Labor 5 hours X 50-60

Total price = 860 (so you could ask 900 for it and sell quite a few)

Hi Joe all up without a word of a lie in materials and motor alone It cost $1200 without labour I know it may be hard to believe but I never thought the cost would be so great or ever end but it comes down to the size of the steel and quality others of similar size in the states sell for much more not that I would want to ask for a silly amount it does still has to viable for me to market them , I guess if I used cheaper materials I could bring the cost down a little your graph is pretty cool it gives me an idea on what people would expect to pay as in labour cost. Cheers ;)

its an opinion mate, i have priced the material before as this is on my to do list :) gets cheaper in quantities ( sure the first POC or prototype would be the most expensive) if i was to spend around the 2K mark i would go with a jaw crusher. Mate of my build a portable crusher using chainsaw for under 300 bucks.

1441539419_crusher.png

1441539498_crusher2.png

Looks bloody great Greencheeks, stay with the good materials i reckon.

When it comes to crushers, you only get what you pay for! ;)

Hi Greencheeks,
Have you thought about direct drive with a flexible coupling? Not clear but it look like you have used the pulleys to slow down the crusher a few RPM?
Is the engine ouput bearing designed for off set shock load? (pulleys)
All that aside it looks like a very handy unit.

Good luck

i would second joes comment, i buy small volumes of all of these items i.e. no bulk discount and i could put those items together for under $600 easily with leftovers. I think you might want to shop around a bit mate, its a nice design thought nice and square.

Thanx heaps for the comments guys very much appreciated!! G'day Nightjar the pulley are set that way so the motor doesn't have to scream all day and to give the chains a very fast revolutions though if it brings the cost down to use a flexible coupling in the future I would imagine that it would still produce unstoppable power I kinda just copied the pulley setup from someone else's design that I found on google at the time .. :D

Forget the Jawcrushers , inefficient , overweight, and only really good on a small commercial scale ok = 3 phase...bit hard in back shed let alone out scrub..... Your on the right path with the chain jig, there are some nice yank versions of this you might want to check out ok....although they seem to think us aussies wouldn't have the know-how to put these together ;)

Greencheeks,
Looks like a sweet unit to me. I would be interested in buying one sometime in the future after seeing it in action.

Barrywarznal, I can't seem to find any other versions of this in my search online. Where have you seen them??

Chrisco

ROCK CRUSHER, MADE IN THE USA! PARTNERTUFF BUILT! (youtube it) i havent got my 10 posts worth on here yet so it wont let me ok fellas.....Greencheecks would do well to have a good stickybeak at there versions of this thoroughly, i have talked to him before in the states ,he is of the opinion us aussies coiuldnt poss have the knowhow to knock one up....im thinkin hes got his head up his proverbial...btw these are not the first versions of this ive come across, smaller versions on battery powered grinders and chainsaw adapts as well....if Greencheeks or another gets around to it i will buy one ok . keep me in the loop fellas.

Hi guys sorry for not responding sooner and cheers Barrywarznal for the info there are a fair few getting around on YouTube and Google and that is where I gathered all ideas from like I mentioned b4 its like a mad max version lol I pinched a piece from here and pinched a piece from there.. let me say that those chainsaw ones look great and are probably excellent for sampling I don't think they would handle a lot of hard work don't get me wrong they all seem to have some flaws even mine like it needs a cover over the pulleys and the feed Shute and that's why I don't speak on my vids because people who will build one probably dont want to be told how they just want an idea to go off of.. Thanks all :cool: I will be posting a vid with some measurements soon so just wait for the link if you are keen to build one of your own.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts