Minelab GPX4500 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36g @ 20 inches, great find! The 15x12" sure is a great coil, very smooth running, and clear signals, it was my go to coil for years. The 14" Elite though has better sensitivity and deep targets are sharper, even with a slightly lower Rx Gain.

1442993174_rps20150923_162949.jpg

Its finally here cant wait to try it out

Hi diggers

Any news on if/when Minelab might reintroduce the $3200 special on the 4500?

Didn't have the funds before ?

Cheers

Daz

Mate they have had a few dealers running specials. E e day here in ballarat had 10 on special for $3490 with a walco pick. Sale started 8th oct id give them a bell might pay to ask for Pete. Or finders keepers in wa have them untill the end of November for $3800. If you can swing a deal and get them to throw in the new 11" elite thats a ripper deal.

I use .5 nug down2" Detector in FP, then adjust gain to where slightly erratic,then adjust stabiliser to where Detector is running smooth. Not sure if I have the 4500 running at optimum. This is where I think doing a trainng courses is worth value. The trainer will let me know if I'm doing things correct. Also tips on fine tunning,and the sound the detector makes when running good. Hopefully do a 1/2 day training course in brissy soon.

Cheers Polky

hey guys silly question but it is what i am know for, I have just purchased a new 4500 from miners den, just curious as to what you get in the box, apart from the detector/battery/headphones/chargers and coil. I have tried searching but cant seen to find anything that actually says what it comes with if anything else, anyone able to say anything i have missed?

Cheers Jamie

Should have:
*detector assembly (upper +lower shafts, quick track button/handle etc.) & control box
*Lithium Ion battery,
*240v mains & 12 volt chargers,
*Harness and bungy cord,
*rubbish finds bag,
*Koss UR30 headphones,
*11 Commander DD coil and 15 x 12 Commander Mono coil (+ any other coils in specific offers)

The go find 40 is actually a pretty good little beginners detector turn on and go ideal for kids in the park and beach (not great in wet sand), its what made me get into metal detecting a bit more seriously, found my first pre dec with it a 1896 half penny :)

i was going to sell the go find as my daughter already has a Aldi detector and she does well with that but if the go find is better i might just give it to her, cheers for that mate

I dont know if its better but testing them side by side would be interesting, if you do test them side by side let us know your findings depth, disc etc would be good for people to know who want to get into the hobby :)

Hi guys how we are all well
I hate asking these types of questions but I have done a heap of reading and have well and truely confused myself I think
I am taking my 4500 to tuena tomorrow for the day and not sure with coil I should be using, I have the option of the standard 11" DD or the coiltek 14" mono elite, any recommend coil by those in the know?
And I know it's a big ask but and settings recommended or just go on the factory presets and I am lead to believe the soils is very mild at tuena is that the general concenus?
Cheers guys and appreciate any help for this gpx beginner :D
Jamie

Latest posts