Introducing the GFX 7000 Super Gold Finder!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nuggetbuster said:
To anyone thinking of buying one of these, or arguing that they may have merit:

keep it to yourself... You may be the one who encourages a newbie, or someone who has been directed to this forum in an internet search, to actually spend good money in one of these pieces of crap!

These boxes of bits are produced and marketed for one reason: to fool I'll-informed people, who are believing they are buying a quality detector for a cheaper price, out of their money.

I met someone last year who spent all the money he had, which had taken him a whole year to save, on a fake few years ago. He was gutted.

Hey Nuggetbuster,

One of the best posts so far on this forum.

These are designed to take your money not find you gold.

Anyone else do not go but "what if" do not feed the counterfeit trade.

The people with the least amount of money are the ones that can least afford to be ripped off.

RS

It would be good if it was a multi-frequency VLF Like the Golden Hawk was, but around the 8 to 1200 dollar mark.

Hi ladies and Gentlemen

I thought I should post a comment about the GFX 7000 detector.

Firstly I have owned a GP and GPX detectors since their first arrival on the markets and I like them a lot. I have had my Gpx5000 I think it was 2011 and enjoyed using it. I still have this.

Im a teacher by profession and I use both a gpx5000 and a Gfx7000

I am half English Canadian and I have no loyalties to either company.

What I can tell you is I worked in Guangzhou in China as a teacher after Canada and I prospected in 4 countries using both detectors. I got my Gfx when I was in Canada from my Chinese Gf who bought me it from China.

I used both detectors for many years and I later learned that the company that made the Gfx actually developed the tech thats used in the Gpx before minelab did. :eek:
China has a controlled internet network and as such they could not market their detectors until very recently.
I myself had trouble there communicating with anyone outside China as all my common apps were blocked inside China hence no YouTube.
Very recently people there can use a vpn to access some sites to try and advertise and its a shame that the makers of this product have had unqualified white western people taking advantage pretending to help translate and get the word out about their detectors meeting the company and being toured only to use their tech etc

Fact this is not a Gpx or copy it actually can ground balance on highly magnetic soil near a volcano in the Philippines where my gpx5000 would just overload it was the same on many of the black sand beaches in Zambeles region in the west coastal areas of Luzon province. I had 4 detectors with me 1. Cz21 2.Fisher F75 3. Gpx5000 4. GFX 7000. The GFX was the only detector that would work and ground balance.

They look similar but I can tell you this model and shape has been used in China for a very long time.

Ok that said I can understand the concerns with prospectors and would advise when buying from non mainstream minelab dealers especially any Gpx or Gpz promoted products . Get a serial number check as these have been the target of some copy companies. Not the GFX as yet i dont think has been copied.
the Gfx is a different product and not with minelab stickers or colors and I assure you it is well made and made by a very good long standing established electric detecting company that has been leading many markets in Asia with some of their tech innovations.

The device works very well and does seek deeper than my gpx5000 and my friends 4500 i admit that, like the recent Nocta Simplex thats taking the YouTube detector market by storm-them that have the power to advertise hold the market well in this hobby.
They always seem to look like the winners in the prospecting world.
Thats how history tends to run as well. Living in a advanced but restricted internet country its hard to get videos out like the the mainstream countries can.

I hope I can dispel the the worries of any who wish to try a GFX and Ill do my best to smile and make a YouTube video on highly mineralised magnetic sand in Scotland I found my guess from an ancient volcanic event I guess. Has anyone come across these conditions before? Ive only found near volcanos. Ive searched both of Melbourne and west of of Queens and love the natural beauty there.

I have 2 of these detectors now and I am glad to dispel any prospectors worrys ;) about trying one you will be glad you did and your save just like all the people buying the Simplex around the world now and vanquish.

I just bought a go pro and Im learning to use it so I will make videos of this for all to see stand by. It will be great to help out people that seek gold but cant afford high pricing. :Y:
Well done to Minelab Nocta and The Company making the GFX for getting these great detectors out for us top marks to the teams and thank you for thinking about sensible pricing too (Vanquish etc) :power: :clap: :trophy:

Adventurerchris sorry, but I have to disagree totally with your post. The GFX7000 was produced after Minelab were hacked and information such as schematics and firmware were stolen.
I have been working on Minelab detectors for over 10 years now and have a few tests that are quickly able to identify if a detector works correctly or not. The GFX7000 does not work correctly at all. An SD2000 would be better!

Now, electronically, the gfx7000 is almost an exact copy of the gpx4500, however, on some of the more critical parts such as the low noise ad797(expensive)(substituted for noisy ne5534(cheap)) they have skimped out along with a few other parts.
However, the thing that immediately got my attention and makes the detector unusable is SETA does not work, well it is working, but it is not set up/calibrated, therefore when you swing the coil the detector moans, when you go over a magnetic rock it wails, when you wave a ferrite magnet near the detector it wails.

They are good for parts and as a troubleshooting lab rat!

Cheers Mick

diggit said:
The only logical conclusion is that AdventurerChris is really a Nigerian prince :lol:
Perhaps the GPX5000 he has is also fake. I have seen the fake gpx 5000 detector(VLF internals) and the GFX7000 would be a Rolls Royce in comparison!

By the time you pay exchange rates, gst and duty, one would be far better off getting any of the secondhand Minelabs already available in Australia, not to mention you then have a detector that works properly to begin with and can be repaired if needed.

Cheers Mick

ive seen those detectors go on aliexpress, for around 1200 aud dollars, including free shipping. I imagine they are legal now to buy because and after the minelab dispute many years ago, so as seen they've changed the name and color.. anyway for a good pulse detector that is usually that price range.. Im only curious as every one else here, I would have been so close to spend that kind of money within my budget, instead i bought a gold monster from miners den, thinking not much info is provided and the guys at the gold shop told me to stay far away from Chinese detectors, but you got to understand now days every dam thing is made in china, even legit stuff, so that sparks up my curiosity... all i wanted was a decent upgrade on a pulse detector with similar features if at all to the gpx 5000, I am so close to buying one... but aliexpress has been pretty dogy with those chinese dealers...owe yea.. and i did chase it up on you tube.. those indians could not run proper tests with the stupid background music, anyway im still scratching my head. Also Member... Adventurerchris.. you say you have a chinese gfx 7000, would it be to much to ask if you can upload a test vid on youtube, so we can all see it perform in realtime... thanx buddy.

G K said:
ive seen those detectors go on aliexpress, for around 1200 aud dollars, including free shipping. I imagine they are legal now to buy because and after the minelab dispute many years ago, so as seen they've changed the name and color.. anyway for a good pulse detector that is usually that price range.. Im only curious as every one else here, I would have been so close to spend that kind of money within my budget, instead i bought a gold monster from miners den, thinking not much info is provided and the guys at the gold shop told me to stay far away from Chinese detectors, but you got to understand now days every dam thing is made in china, even legit stuff, so that sparks up my curiosity... all i wanted was a decent upgrade on a pulse detector with similar features if at all to the gpx 5000, I am so close to buying one... but aliexpress has been pretty dogy with those chinese dealers...owe yea.. and i did chase it up on you tube.. those indians could not run proper tests with the stupid background music, anyway im still scratching my head. Also Member... Adventurerchris.. you say you have a chinese gfx 7000, would it be to much to ask if you can upload a test vid on youtube, so we can all see it perform in realtime... thanx buddy.
See my previous reply #34.

G k your only believing what you realy want to. We would all love to buy a Mercedes for a muso price ,but oils ain't oils sole.
Jim ;)