Iron Discrimination With GPX

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GypsyGoldAu said:
Picker said:
That's nice where I have been looking there wasn't as much ironstone so probably the vlf's have been through and cleaned up leaving the trash behind. A good tip for what to look for/ type of ground.

The thing with the VLF's is they are only a reasonably "shallow" detection field in comparison to the PI's and this appears to be bearing out in your own experience...be advised that you will reap the benefit if the bigger & deeper gold is there that the VLF's missed.

Good Luck..buckle down and keep digging, you will eventually rewarded if you have done your research.

Gypsy

Agreed and Thanks Gypsy, certainly know your stuff. Thumbs up and may the gold shine brightly in your hands :)

Thank You Picker...and i too wish you well in your journey and Gold is in your jar real soon. ;)

Gypsy

I know this is an old post, but it has been very helpful. Last night out I dug a lot of junk, maybe 50 pieces for $1.15 and 5 pence UK.
So naturally today I jump on the computer to see if I can discriminate the bottle caps and pull tabs at least!!!!
But from your posts I have learnt something.
The place I go to is thrashed most weekends, (Sundays actually) and is; "first in best served"!
I guess I was last in but....... if I hadn't dug everything (as most of you experienced have said; "dig all"), I would have missed $1.15 and the UK 5 pence.
Now this was in a park. If it had've been in the gold fields that could have been an ounce I'd missed!
I met two guys on different occasions out there who told me to "read my manual so I didn't have to dig everything" and when they left I found coin where they'd been.
I've only been out with my new 5000 3 times now but have found $21.25 and UK 5 pence.
I think now I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.
Your advice is good!

Got gold (coarse gold) area with massive iron load from broken down cans from the 1930 on. 7000 cant get past the iron load. Happy to dig the brass, copper, tin ect. So info on what has great iron cancel

AT gold Garret runs a lot quieter than a monster and has very good discrimination so for an extra 200 bucks you will be happy as, I also own a monster and now never use it.

robmoto said:
AT gold Garret runs a lot quieter than a monster and has very good discrimination so for an extra 200 bucks you will be happy as, I also own a monster and now never use it.
Mine also sits in the shed. Never found a thing with it. Same for my son who has one.

The monster is a good machine but ohhhh the noise , if there is a target you can still hear it over the mineralisation noise but after a couple of hours detecting I am mentaly drained lol .

Latest posts