Minelab Eureka gold tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nup we had no luck on the field apart from a faint signal in slate...which I left on the ground out there.. :rolleyes: hopefully it may be there when we return and I will find out if its gold or not

We took the detectors down to the beach for a hit, they were fine on dry sand but anywhere near sea water and it just went crazy. Its been mentioned to lower the sensitivity which I didn't attempt so will tty that next time.

If anyone has any other hints on if or how to use a eureka gold at the beach would be most appreciated

I have used mine many times at the beach. In the dry sand its pretty straight forward but wet sand you really have to turn things down.

Its been a while but I am pretty sure I just use Freq 20, Normal, fast track and sensitivity turned down a bit. Then adjust threshold to where you are comfortable. I always throw a coin down and test against that and fine tune as best I can.

I also generally run a larger coil as its mainly coins and stuff which are easier to find than fine gold. Xmas holidays a bonus down here on the beaches. Head out late and make some pocket money.

I don't think no one had done the very popular beaches we were on, I'd lobe to get into the low tide dips.

So you successfully were able to make it quiet (er) in the wet sand? I'm a bit annoyed I didn't think of fiddling with sensitivity but will try next time

The settings we used were 20hz, slow track, just audible threshold, sens on max, boost and discrim set at 11 oclock

We will try it again soon, thanks heaps for the info Pat!

Were stuck with the standard elliptical coil for now. For some reason I havnt been testing with coins like I was the old detector..good point

I never use boost on the beach and never use discrimination full stop. I know the relic guys always use discrimination but I would rather dig everything on a beach (its easy digging and dont have to worry about plugs) than risk missing something.

Besides I dont mind cleaning the beaches where I live.

We were still digging all signals but using discrim to tell us what if it was ferrous or not

Just took it to a park for a quick morning run and pulled out $14 or so near the swings and a silver buddah, played with sensitivity and made a difference with noise even at the park. As a bonus, I think I just found the old farrier house pulling out 18 horse shoe nails and chunks of iron. The old train station ( early 1900 ) is a stones throw away

What's a 'pip pip'? A pip is usually my flat batt indicator but it pip pipd a couple of times for no reason. M8ght have still just been battery as it stopped when fresh batts went into it

Ive only taken the Eureka Gold out to the GT twice now.. dug some nice signals that were small lead in deep holes but like most, no gold yet.

After getting home and feeling a bit concerned, I grabbed my glass vial with pickers in it and swung it under the detector, to my relief making a noise. I put the gold into the soil and tested it again at 2" depth and it still sounded the same as in the air test. My soil is nothing like GT soil though and it could have gone straight through the dirt no problems.

Its a strange detector, if i came across a booster and 6" coil id probably use them with the machine just to improve any signals because it felt like i was hearing phontom signals or just ever soo faint to the point i couldnt track them once the dirt was dug up.

Here I got a deep target about 8 inches down in a creek bed in the golden triangle. It was a hot day and as you can hear by my panting I didn't even hear the stick humming away as I shot the video.
So far this is the best result I've had at depth.

You have to search for it on Yoo Toob since I haven't submitted 10 posts being a newb.

'Minelab Eureka Gold metal detector deep find'

Empty Pockets said:
Here I got a deep target about 8 inches down in a creek bed in the golden triangle. It was a hot day and as you can hear by my panting I didn't even hear the stick humming away as I shot the video.
So far this is the best result I've had at depth.

You have to search for it on Yoo Toob since I haven't submitted 10 posts being a newb.

'Minelab Eureka Gold metal detector deep find'

nice work mate. decent depth. I subscribed to u aswell

Thanks for the link Silver.

Just a real video in the field. No air test or demo detecting.

I was surprised at this depth for a change too. :cool:

Cool, I have just brought one of these and have not even been out yet. Just playing with settings and getting used to it. Will keep an eye out for what your finding :)

Hey rusting you don't want to keep an eye out for what we're looking for because it isn't there! We've been digging for imaginary gold for a long time. We've found numerous retirement nuggets but no one believes us when we show them. 8)

We had a great day though panning some of this creek and found some gold dust but too much work for the quantity we found. We'll be back there in about a million years
when the gold gets bigger.

Here's another video to remind old hands and Newbs that the 'Eureka Gold' can have limitations. If you rush your pay dirt over the coil you might miss your strike.

Since I haven't posted ten topics you'll have to search for the video on you tube.

The title of this post is the video title. :cool:

'Minelab Eureka Gold Metal Detector, Missing gold'

Nice work mate ! Will check out the your other vids on smoko .

Be good to see some more Eureka vids and finds .

Did you find that gold with the eureka on the standard coil ?
I keep reading that the coil tek 6" is good any input ?

Empty Pockets said:
Here's another video to remind old hands and Newbs that the 'Eureka Gold' can have limitations. If you rush your pay dirt over the coil you might miss your strike.
The title of this post is the video title: 'Minelab Eureka Gold Metal Detector, Missing gold'

Whoever made that video has demonstrated only their lack of understanding of how automatic ground-tracking functions. Air testing as in the video, can only be done with the tracking switch in the Fixed position, as noted in the Eureka Gold User manual:
1456712638_eureka_testing.jpg

The below extract from the Whites GMT User Manual explains this effect in more detail:
1456712369_testing.jpg

Latest posts