Bathurst 1000 V8 Supercars camping

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groveraus

Grant
Reaction score
Hi all

I know this is very late to organise camping accommodation for the Bathurst 100 V8 Supercars event in October but I have just confirmed that I will be a support crew for the Simpson Desert Bike Challenge (http://desertchallenge.org/) which completes in Birdsville the weekend before. Returning back south to home will take me through Bathurst over the race weekend. I will be fully kitted out to camp but am having trouble finding a place to camp.

Does anyone know of close camping spots or have room in your backyard for me to park the car with roof top tent? Ideal would be at Mt Panorama but beggars can't be choosers.

Cheers in advance to all.

Call the local council,they open up the town ovals and parks for camping..but you have to organise it beforehand..Cheers..

Hi Baldy

Yep that's what I spent most of today doing. For Bathurst they open up thousands more camping spots, my issue is that I am very late trying to organise something. Most places have said to call back in 2 weeks to see if there are any cancellations.

Cheers

If you're desperate, I'd find some cheapish holiday cottages on acres and contact them, letting them know you are self sufficient and if it would be ok if you camped out with your car tent set up.

A lot of people are ok earning a few extra dollars on the Bathurst weekend. I'd email them and include your profile pic as it helps if people can see who they are allowing onto their property.

Best of luck in finding a place!

Latest posts