Ground balance button upgrade GP3000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering exactly what I would need to convert my 3000 to a handle button, and if anyone knows someone in Sth qld who might be able to carry out the work?

Thanks heaps mate, I've got a mate who is an auto elec so he should be able to help me out.

just remember minelab will not work on your detector if you have a problem I just found this out straight from minelab as I wanted to do this to my extreme they said sorry if I mod the detector in any way iam outa luck if I need service

Murphy81 said:
Just wondering exactly what I would need to convert my 3000 to a handle button, and if anyone knows someone in Sth qld who might be able to carry out the work?

Murphy I carried out this modification myself years ago on my Extreme and 3000 and Minelab never had a problem servicing my detectors, I believe when they're referring to mods they mean replacing and altering the electronic components and their values within the detector.

What I used to do when carrying out this "mod" is remove a screw on the front end cap and run the wire from the handle through it and that way you're not drilling through the face of the machine.

Cheers,
James

PhaseTech said:
Yep, I did the same. Just took out the ground balance switch and put a dc socket in it's place. No drilling, so you can always bring it back to standard.

I've been thinking why hasn't someone done it this way. This is what ill be doing to my extreme.
cheers,
Paul

Latest posts