107 Oz of Dunolly gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
GBM has had its first pour from the open cut at harvest Home, 9 k's from Dunolly.

107 Oz from 27,000 tonnes.

I might pop down there tomorrow morning and see how wide they have gone.

1438835487_capture.jpg

OOps. fat fingers.
Went and had a gander today and work has ceased for the moment.
Guess they will decide if it is worth the cost.

I wouldn't think so, always about 10 - 12 blokes there, plus trucks running the dirt to Maldon for processing.

Great story Redfin, how's the scale of the operation, microns of gold from tonnes of quartz, thanks for the research.

Had a look today on my way past, was very interesting to see the formation of the reef in the cut, looked just like a big tree root.

Sorry didn't even think of taking one.
Even if did cant work out how to post of my phone.

ooops, 2 trips later LOL, took some on Mrs.Redfin's phone, will grab them when she gets back from work later tonight.

Most large companies are working at about 2.0 grams/ tonne and costs are about $1000 / oz. 1.2 g/t is a bit low but it depends on what the average grade. Alkane Resources at Tomingley are working on 2.0 g/t and have produced about 70,000 oz for the last year. Costs are about 800 - 1100 /oz. And they are profitable. trouble is i bought their shares that averaged $0.39 and sold them after the mining bust for $0.37. They are now about $0.27 like most of the share market. PG

Hi Redfin,
Do you know if the mine at Harvest Home is still operating. I've been past quite a few times, but it's been closed per your photo.
BTW, I've had some great finds around there.