Bounty Hunter Tracker IV information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay

Reaction score
Some time ago my wife bought me a Bounty Hunter TRacker IV. Having never used a detector before, I figured it was a cheap alternative to practice with, and gain some sort experience. I have no complaints with it, we have unearthed some great relics around old mines, but then again lots of junk. I was wondering if anyone had found gold with them at all?

The tracker IV is designed to be an entry level coin machine. But given the right place at the right time it may find gold.

Cheers will do. At the moment picking up loose change, jewelery and, buried momentos of the past is still satisfying.

The tracker IV , we bought one as well as our first detector. Comparing to others its an advanced cheapy. Works good. But gold nuggets, about 3 inches in airtest on a 2.3g nugget, which is better then expected. In the ground would be less.

Good for coins tho. Far better then ur normal department store metal detector. But then in the US, the tracker IV is a department store sales item. Unlike what our department stores sell in Aus which are mmm
good for the kids to fight with.

Cheers.
Lee.

Hi Jay,
I to started with a Bounty Hunter IV and was more than happy with its performance as an entry level
Detector. As previously stated you would have to be very lucky to find gold with it, but hey gold in the form of rings which it can detect, is still gold right?
I've just recently progressed to a minelab xterra 705 which after using it and getting to know it, seems like the perfect step up as it provides a few more indicators and functions...

Hi everyone I've been looking at the bounty hunter tk4 and I have found a few for sale on eBay from the us for about $130 plus postage. Do you know any Australian sellers or suppliers that will do it cheaper?

Thanks,
Coinandtreasure

Have you been able to find anyone in oz that actually still sells the Tracker IV? The only authorised seller here seems to just stock the Fast Tracker and not the IV version. The Fast Tracker sells at a pretty hefty sum of $330 which is a fair bit for a two knob beginner detector.

Not sure about US Bounty Hunter resellers, they may not ship to Australia considering they are a part of Fisher Detectors, though best to query that with the US ebay seller just to be 100% sure.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
http://www.treasureenterprises.com/metal detectors/metal detectors & accessories/bounty_hunter.htm

We bought the brothers kid a BH gold digger "bottom of the line" it made my eyes light up, even tho he is known to destroy most his toys its holding up quite well.

If you saw inside them you would be disappointed but' they do work pretty good, you can also get a 4" coil for nugget hunting.

Has his business wound up due to retirement, or is it still operating - just a bit confused by the comments on the home page? Just that there is another company claiming it is the only authorised dealer in Australia? Cheers.

Hi c@t you can buy a tr4 of ebay from 120 -140 all up you just have go look at all thr tr4 on tthere i vot mine ot long ago for 120 all up cheers

I just scored a used TK4 on Ebay for $80. As this will be my first detector, I can't wait to try it out.

Good luck Oxman on the Tracker purchase, there are a few out there that have made some good finds on this machine, so hopefully it serves you well. Looking forward to viewing your finds. :)

I have one of these. They are a great little machine. Works great on the beach and backyard, haven't had many chances to get out and explore yet. As I am still learning I keep it on all metal mode, as I dig all targets, but when I find a target before I dig I flick it to tone mode so I can also learn the different sounds between targets

Hi all I've been using the tk4 now for prob 3-4 years I use it for hunting lead sinkers I put mine on tone if it grunts or beeps on tone I dig if not i don't dig.
I've found normally if it grunts its normally a lead sinker if it beeps on tone its normally money of some discription but I also find a kings ransom in crap, rubbish, ring pulls, cans, bottle tops.....etc etc I've even found a steel fork at the beach the other day :eek:

Latest posts