Cutting Rocks?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahaaaa Yeah Lefty, I have lived here for over 30 years now.. I seriously think I have grown eyes in the back of my head because of them fellas Hahahaaaa
We went out for a drive today looking for oversized bauxite.. not as easy to find as I had imagined since the stuff is EVERYWHERE! but I did collect a nice little bunch of bauxite stone clusters which I will toss through the saw later.. I cant wait to do that :)

I haven't cut any of the rocks today as I had planned... we went out in the boat fishing instead hahahaaaa
We did see a lovely 13 or 14ft snapping handbag though Lefty..
I just went out and took a photo of one of the rocks for you AtomRat.. They are just a cluster of the little round bauxite pebbles.. Bauxite is EVERYWHERE here... slippery stuff.. the oversize bauxite that I want to get is the singular balls but on a larger scale, they have more silica in them and are found more to the East of Weipa.. They discard them during processing..
Hopefully I will cut the rocks tomorrow.. I will post a pic when I do..
34335a78-fd4c-4bb9-8735-64217120b36d.jpg

The bauxite nodules with more silica might make better subjects for cutting Una - they might take on a better polish due to the presence of the silica.

Those snapping handbags must make life interesting. We are on the southern limit of their range here so they aren't all that common but I still keep well back from the water's edge when looking over the gravel banks along the Fitzroy. I guess you would need to be extra wary in a place where they are as thick as flies, especially when launching a boat.

Latest posts